Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Don;t think she really that misused honestly. I think a lot of people overrated her and expected her to be RAW or SD womens champion and that was never happening. She's a good plucky underdog but thats it.

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
They did waste her potential to a point. Great wrestler could have been used in a more prominent role as a singles wrestler nut was never going to be someone who had particular staying power as the focus of the division Due to the language barrier she could have been a fantastic 3rd or 4th option and damn fine hand to boot. I think people go crazy River how good someone may be in a ring but then ignore that a BIG part of televised wrestling is focused on the nn wrestling aspects of the show. If someone is weaker in those areas it's going to be much more difficult to reach the upper echelon.

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
My point is Kairi deserved much better booking and casting than she was given. Even if she can't speak English, they could give her a manager, or, SUBTITLE THE PROMOS. Apparently, we have the technology to do that now.
Can you subtitle the promos for the crowd in attendance? Would WWE want the crowd trying to read a promo off of the Tron while someone is cutting the promo in the ring? It isn't about the technology to do so being available it's about how effective it would be in PRACTICE. Have you ever watched live TV with the closed captioning on? It can be a mess. People already hate on the heavily scripted nature of promos but because they have a crush on a cosplaying pirate they want WWE to rigidly script promos for a talent far enough in advance that they can get it to the monkeys in the truck to have ready for being put on screen for when she is out there(or cut all her promos backstage which in this day and age is pointless) for the fans both on TV and in attendance to read in real time. How is this a good idea to anybody? Have you even considered how they would do a face to face promo with another wrestler? Or are we just supposed to dispense with the formalities altogether?

This "give so and so a manager" nonsense is ridiculous. Give your head a shake you can't give every weak promo or non-English speaking talent a manager. Where the hell are these managers going to come from? Managers aren't easy to find especially good ones. How many managers are working in wrestling these days? How many performers in wresting(period) are good enough at cutting promos that they can get themselves over let alone someone else? It's such an illogical and poorly thought out suggestion that it makes me laugh honestly.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
11,682 Posts
I'm still baffled that they mostly booked Kairi Sane to be a punching bag for Nia Jax (who's a HORRIBLE liability to the other women considering how shitty she is in the ring) in her twilight months with the company.

Kairi Sane could've easily been booked to wrestle with the likes of Asuka, Charlotte Flair, Becky Lynch, Ruby Riott, Bianca Belair, Natalya, Shayna Baszler (with Kairi as a babyface this time), Liv Morgan, and Zelina Vega in competitive matches instead of wasting her as fodder (usually to Nia Jax).

Thankfully, they at least managed to allow Kairi Sane to have good showings in her final singles/tag matches against Sasha Banks and Bayley before her run ended.

I still miss seeing Kairi on TV though :(

61 - 66 of 66 Posts