Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
And she was doing really well in the ratings
Yeah I don't get this narrative that people don't like Riho. Like 10 guys on this forum don't like her because she's "too small and not believable". Other than that she gets universally cheered. This forum and the internet for the most part isn't indicative of who the fans like or not. Jut listen to the crowds.

Reactions: Whoanma

·
NBA
3,897 Posts
Yeah I don't get this narrative that people don't like Riho. Like 10 guys on this forum don't like her because she's "too small and not believable". Other than that she gets universally cheered. This forum and the internet for the most part isn't indicative of who the fans like or not. Jut listen to the crowds.
Dont bother trying to correct people. Neither I nor llj like Riho but we dont go around pretending she wasnt popular because that'd be laughable. Then again, people here can contradict themselves whenever they see fit. Lots of folks talk about how Becky gets cheered by a vocal minority but then treat two fucking threads on a dying internet site and a podcast by some dinosaur as factual proof of someone's overness. Cause you know, a couple hundreds of people cheering on a weekly basis is just a vocal minority, but 20 suckers on the internet are the absolute majority.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Dont bother trying to correct people. Neither I nor llj liken Riho but we dont go around pretending she wasnt popular because that'd be laughable. Then again, people here can contradict themselves whenever they see fit. Loys of folks talk about how Becky gets cheered by a vovcal menority but then treat two fucking threads on a dying internet site and a podcast by some dinosaur as factual proof of someone's overness. Cause you know, a couple hundreds of people cheering on a weekly basis is just a vocal minority, but 20 suckers on the internet are the absolute majority.
The vocal minority are always the loudest so it may seem sometimes like they are the majority.

·
Registered
27 Posts
We could have had face kairi vs heel asuka.
or throw shirai in there too. It’d have been awesome
but they gave us nia jax instead.

ps. The only thing i like about riho is her initial d theme song.
yuka is a lot better than her at being a cute smiley little japanese girl

·
Registered
192 Posts
I liked her NXT run. I also liked the pairing with Asuka on the main roster. Thought that was a great fit. Don't really think she was wasted. The natural order of things would of been to have her feud with Asuka after a break up, turn face, and try to get the old Pirate gimmick over again. She quit before all that happened, but she wasn't wasted, not at all.

·
Registered
755 Posts
A talented non-white wrestler getting ignored by the wwe. Where have I heard this story before
To be fair, the womens division has been dominated by a black girl, asian and hispanic for several months now.
We also have a black us champ, black raw tag team champs, an asian smackdown tag champ and a samoan wwe champ.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I thought Kairi was great, but the big issue was, she was slotted behind a handful of other females, thus kind of played second to Asuka the entire time. Sometimes, you aren't going to be able to leap frog others.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Not realy. She got enough of tv time in NXT and RAW. She was just a bit overrated and had a stupid pirate gimmick.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
She doesn't speak English, weighs 80lb.

She still won MYC, NXT title, women's tag title, mainevented and won a main roster ppv (lots of male wrestlers can't say that last one).

You ain't booking her over Lynch. Asuka, Bayley, Charlotte, Sasha, Rousey etc. Maybe if the roster wasn't so stacked during her run but it was and that's life.

The cute tiny Asian girl is cool gimmick but how long was Riho AEW champion again before fans shit on it....
Looking back all those accomplishments, we can't really say she was being wasted by the WWE. She won almost everything in whichever division she was placed in. I think the sense of her being wasted is we did not see a full babyface run on the main roster from her before her departure. Maybe if they had pushed her to the main roster a year earlier we might see her compete as a pure babyface in the singles division that her fans were dying to see.

Even with all those names you listed, there was still room for the likes of Alexa, Nia, Lacy and the IIconics to get some time in the spotlight the past couple of years. Kairi could easily be in their position for a short feud even if just to job to the bigger names other than just being a partner and someone to take the pin for Asuka. Ultimately I think WWE did have bigger plans for Kairi but her personal life and the pandemic ruin those long term plans.

All in all she has accomplished quite a lot in 3 years in a foreign country and left on her own terms. Can't say WWE really wasted her unless we expect her to get the Rousey push.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Her ceiling was exactly what she did in her WWE career. All of you guys who think she could of been a huge star hug anime bodypillows at night. She's a good hand, but where was she going to go not speaking English?

·
The Babyface of WF
13,315 Posts
Her ceiling was exactly what she did in her WWE career. All of you guys who think she could of been a huge star hug anime bodypillows at night. She's a good hand, but where was she going to go not speaking English?
I never found her to be that good she's below Asuka and Io by quite a margin as it is, Cosplaying is what made her stand out but not by much.

·
rasslin
4,093 Posts
Only in WWE would not speaking English disqualify you from having main event status.

Parasite swept movie awards and only had subtitles.

Can wrestling fans not read? put some subtitles up during a backstage promo and problem solved.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,786 Posts
She was in the WWE and she wasn't a McMahon pet so yes of course they wasted her potential. 99% of the roster is being wasted in favour of the McMahons tiny group of pets.

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
She has more than enough to be a regular singles competitor on the main roster. We never got to see that run so I got to disagree with her reaching her ceiling in the WWE.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts