Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In having him squash Bryan in 18 seconds with one move? because i think that pissed the fans off because they wanted to see a match and Sheamus didn't let that happen and now they're turning on him. WWE was hoping to turn Sheamus into a big star winning the Rumble and having him go over at Mania but they messed up when they booked him to squash D Bryan in 18 seconds. Now fans are cheering for Bryan and booing Sheamus and i just got a feeling the belts coming back to Bryan and Sheamus is gonna either turn heel or be pushed back down the card.

If WWE had let Sheamus go out there at Mania and put on a hell of a match eventually winning after long hard fight the fans would have respected him more. That Mania Squash ultimately sealed Sheamus's fate, and its WWE's fault. Now whenever the fans see Sheamus they just expect to see the same old crap with him Brogue Kicking someone when they're not looking. I'm glad Bryan's over now thats the one positive thing that came out of that Mania match now lets just hope they turn Bryan face to capitalize on it.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
Yes they screwd up. but I like it because Bryan is now over.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,154 Posts
It has put him in an uncomfortable, unenviable situation. He's not receiving the exact reaction they were hoping for with their new babyface World Champion because they had him destroy Bryan in 18 seconds and now he's the villain to a major part of the WWE audience.

My solution is to have them tear the house down in Chicago for 40 minutes, so that by the end the audience respects both guys. After Sheamus narrowly defeats Bryan, Bryan slowly gets up and they shake hands, therefore turning Bryan face. Then get them the hell away from each other, and let Del Rio feud with Sheamus for a while (he should indeed put a bounty on his head for the entire Smackdown roster as was suggested by a thread a few days ago).

Reactions: Panzer

·
Banned
4,921 Posts
He's not completely fucked, but his reign has had a terrible start cause of what happened. Once he's done feuding with DB, he'll back to normal.

I find it funny though that they haven't cut a promo together since before WM. Smart move.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
It has put him in an uncomfortable, unenviable situation. He's not receiving the exact reaction they were hoping for with their new babyface World Champion because they had him destroy Bryan in 18 seconds and now he's the villain to a major part of the WWE audience.

My solution is to have them tear the house down in Chicago for 40 minutes, so that by the end the audience respects both guys. After Sheamus narrowly defeats Bryan, Bryan slowly gets up and they shake hands, therefore turning Bryan face. Then get them the hell away from each other, and let Del Rio feud with Sheamus for a while (he should indeed put a bounty on his head for the entire Smackdown roster as was suggested by a thread a few days ago).
Del Rio/Sheamus would be so boring. Agree with everything else though.

·
Registered
8,224 Posts
No Sheamus isn't screwed hes still over with the kids which was always WWE goal when they decided to turn him into a superman.

Sheamus/del Rio bad? they got a very entertaining match.Of course Bryan can do the same but for whatever shitty reason he never get a chance to do that.

Now promo wise, is hard to be entertaining with Sheamus.Even when Bryan confront him on the mic is boring.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya i can see them keeping Bryan and Shemaus apart for the simple fact that WWE knows the fans will boo the fuck out of Sheamus.

·
Registered
11,111 Posts
WWE fucked Sheamus over by taking away everything that made him great, also what the fuck kind of name is "Great White"? WWE stripped away everything that was great and made him a fan pandering idiot like Cena. :no:

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
In agreement with DesRow here have them put on a "classic" at ER in an attempt to get the Bryan fans to respect Sheamus and then keep him AWAY from D-Bryan after ER if they are really set on pushing him as a top babyface.

·
Registered
845 Posts
In my opinion shamus was screwed since his 'i got bullied for being ginger' promo lol

But I think the wwe thought shamus would get mega over after mania but now he barely gets a
Pop

·
A superhero that saves your GF from your sex game.
3,830 Posts
I don't know what the hell they were thinkin having him squash Bryan like that anyway...they're basically tryin to make Sheamus the Cena of Smackdown in my eyes...

·
Parks and Recreation Dept.
7,433 Posts
What I find interesting is the fact that the whole 18 second loss at 'Mania has gotten Bryan incredibly over, while Sheamus sounds like he's getting only mild applause. Almost like losing the title was actually a great career move in the long run. Bryan seems to have benefited, not the new Champion himself, Sheamus.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
What I still can't fathom is why WWE believes top faces benefit from squash victories like this. Was Kevin Nash any more over in 1994 after he squashed Backlund for the title in 8 seconds? Isn't it better to portray a hero that has to overcome a hard fight and considerable odds to succeed? Doesn't that generate audience sympathy for the protagonist?

Unfortunately, in the modern WWE, the heroes are the favorites and the villains are the underdogs. It's agonizing.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Seamus screwed Seamus. Could have spoken up. Or the fans did, take your pick.

·
Registered
11,111 Posts
Turning Sheamus from bad ass, ass kicking machine to idiot that spouts lame Irish tales always wins matches and is a fan pandering idiot are reasons why he's becoming stale

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
i actually liked the squash, i thought it was a perfect fit to this story, very ironic that his relationship costs him the match, when the whole point of his storyline was what does he love more, WHC or AJ? it ties in perfectly. i was marking out, now i like DB even better than before.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts