Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is gonna sound idiotic like 99.9% of forum posts on wrestling boards do, so I'm just trying to fit into my wrestlingatic brethren.

Been watching back some clips of Charlie during his bout of crazy. (Yes, winning is still cool) Thing is, the way CM Punk (well, at least his newfound cavalier attitude) acts nowadays is very similar to how Charlie Sheen did back last year. Obviously, actual crazy (or so we think...) is a lot more extreme than trying to act like a sociopath on TV trying to get power (which is where I think they're taking this whole Punk thing, but never mind that). But some of the mannerisms are striking. Sitting in the ring giving a whole spiel, the attitude, the cockiness, "voice of the voiceless", claims of mismanagement, "pipebomb" (as opposed to winning)...

All I have to say is, if they got even a slight inspiration from it...

WINNING!

·
"This is real..."
1,200 Posts
:no:

·
America's Most Hated
3,597 Posts
This is gonna sound idiotic like 99.9% of forum posts on wrestling boards do, so I'm just trying to fit into my wrestlingatic brethren.

Been watching back some clips of Charlie during his bout of crazy. (Yes, winning is still cool) Thing is, the way CM Punk (well, at least his newfound cavalier attitude) acts nowadays is very similar to how Charlie Sheen did back last year. Obviously, actual crazy (or so we think...) is a lot more extreme than trying to act like a sociopath on TV trying to get power (which is where I think they're taking this whole Punk thing, but never mind that). But some of the mannerisms are striking. Sitting in the ring giving a whole spiel, the attitude, the cockiness, "voice of the voiceless", claims of mismanagement, "pipebomb" (as opposed to winning)...

All I have to say is, if they got even a slight inspiration from it...

WINNING!
:banplz:

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
Ah. Look at the intelligent answers from the brainy bunch here at WF.

I don't think they did get inspired by Sheen for the Punk thing, but you never know.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You just can't comprehend...I've got tiger blood, man!

You REALLY can't see a bit of faint inspiration from it? Not like it matters, but most of the stuff on here also doesn't. Its just fun to think about how they came up with the ideas they got. Its not totally impossible...
...and its not like the people that run the WWE are the most imaginative and creative people on the planet, mind you.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ah. Look at the intelligent answers from the brainy bunch here at WF.

I don't think they did get inspired by Sheen for the Punk thing, but you never know.
Eh, it figures. Its a wrestling forum. First thing people think of is a group of people whom inject too much steroids trying to look like their favorite wrestlers only too look like a 500 lb Gorilla instead.

I dono...Don't get me wrong. ITs not totally identical. At the same token, they're "characters" (if you can call Sheen that) are 'rebels' of sorts who think they are sort of messengers and are fighting for the people they work for.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah....

Sheen and Punk are different spectrum of personalities. Maybe in terms of going "out the box" but nothing more.
Only in the sense that one is "real" and the other is definitively fiction. Like I said, they are both defiant and rebellious. Obviously, Punk isn't as eccentric, but they share qualities and even similar slogans.

I think people forgot about the Sheen fad, so it does seem out there.

The only thing missing is Punk needs godesses and his own Youtube show.

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts

I don't know where you get it from OP, they're nothing alike. Maybe it's from Winning's signature where he looks really fucked up (speaking of which, Winning is a Charlie Sheen reference in itself... you might have something!)

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Both guys are egocentric, march to the beat of their own drum, and don't mind "telling it like it is"... but I think that's where one draws the line as far as similarities. Past that, they seem to have completely different value sets. I don't think they had Sheen in mind for Punk's character but it's an interesting thought nonetheless.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.