Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone think that Maryse should have been the valet for MIz instead of DiBiase? The connection the two of them had together about a year ago when WWE teased us was awesome. Big ego and big ego butting heads together. I really thought those segments were funny. Plus if did come together, they could us this theme...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97CVS9mb7YY Awesome man!! :)

·
It All Ends.
1,028 Posts
I was really excited about the possible Miz/Maryse relationship storyline they seemed to be setting up last year, but I think Maryse re-injured her knee, so they stopped it? But, yeah, I wish they would've pursued it. I like Maryse and Ted together, but Maryse and The Miz seemed way more natural, and had much better chemistry - for obvious reasons, of course.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Miz and Maryse as a WWE couple was the original plan back in 2009.

They would have eventually paired up, and Miz would have gone on to win the United States Championship with her help. Instead, she got injured, and during the six months she was off television, The Miz got himself over as a heel on his own, and won the United States Championship anyway. By the time she came back in January, The Miz was already an established heel and still US Champion, so he no longer needed her help, which is why creative wrote off the storyline between them when she returned. The rest is history.

But there is no dobut in my mind that The Miz and Maryse would've been the best heel coule since Edge and Lita. Ted and Maryse is just a failure, end of story.

·
Registered
934 Posts
no, miz isn't really sexy and hot like john cena, it makes no sense for maryse to want to date him

and he really doesn't need the hot female valet when he already talks hella good and is called the chick magnet. all this pairing would do is diminish the on screen role of maryse.

with ted at least he's kind of a jobber, and she already managed him in FCW, I think ted + maryse is pretty good

Daniel Bryan + Maryse would be godly

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Miz doesn't need a valet/gf to get him over, he's pretty charismatic and is very over. Ted on the other hand is bland as hell and if it wasn't for Maryse I most likely wouldn't watch anything he gets involved in.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Maryse is just a prop to get someone over. Miz can get over and has gotten over by himself. He doesn't need Maryse.

Shes better off being paired up with someone bland like Dibiase so maybe more people will start to care about him.

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I never really said that Maryse was needed to get Miz over. She injured her knee, but my problem is why didn't they pick up where they left off? I would of liked the duo more for there perfectness. They have that perfect look of a couple towards them. The snobby "get what she wants" chick and the "i'm better than everyone, including Cena" dude. They seem like they could create pretty funny backstage segments if they were a couple. Hell, look where Ted is at anyway...new music, a girl, the million dollar belt, goldust, and the fued with Bryan still have yet to make him a major league player and he barely gets any reaction. Miz on the other hand has been on the very high mid-card/main event status since he won MITB and even before, and he does have major heat. US gold/MITB/the WWE Championship with Miz and Maryse holding the unified Divas title=major power. He's got the hot girl and the title, what more could the guy want? Riley to me...hasn't really made me like him more. He hasn't helped me like the miz even more than I aready do. It would deff help raise Maryse's status cuz she would be paired with someone that people would actually care about and more people would care about her(I'm still a dibiase fan though so nothing against him).

Anyway, what the hell happened to her anyway? She was divas champ, injured herself, then she gets thrown to the wayside. How come they at least haven't gotten her in a title match against laycool? Like eve, mickie, and natayla have been the only ones going against them and they still never took them off their pedestal. I hope natayla at least wins the title cuz I am sick of laycool now. But maryse's status has gone from like head honcha to not even feuding in the #1 contender's spot. Kinda makes her look weak now...:no:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Valets are for midcarders. Miz has a lackey, which is the upper card equivalent.
So do you mean to say Stephanie McMahon or Lita weren't top-card valets?

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Maybe The Miz should invite Nikki Bella to dinner again just like the old times, lol. I personally don't think The Miz needs any more props, yes it would be kinda good for Maryse because it will make her look big time getting paired with a high profile star but she won't be in any better position on the card as long as Laycool are still dominating, she won't still get the share of spotlight in the diva division. I'd rather see her helping Ted at this point.

·
Recognize
21,503 Posts
Valets are for midcarders. Miz has a lackey, which is the upper card equivalent.

As for the topic at hand, yes I would have preferred Miz/Maryse. They had great chemistry together and were very entertaining the few times they were on screen. Those two > DiBiase/Maryse any day.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Probably, but they put her with Ted in hopes that it would help him get over somewhat, but he looks like a lost cause.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts