Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Not really to be fair. Although efficient in the ring as she particularly showed in TNA, Gail Kim has all the charisma of a unwashed turnip.
As is often said, to be something in WWE you have to have that combination of both competent or impressive wrestler and a look merged with a natural entertainer.

·
Premium Member
4,147 Posts
How did WWE drop the ball?... she was pretty much a dud talent wise. WWE had little to work with.

·
I know I'm dope, but don't wet that.
14,900 Posts
Great talent, boring in the ring, sucked on the mic end of story.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Gail Kim being Michelle McCool’s personal jobber really pissed me off. It’s obvious they only signed her to keep her away from TNA.
She left TNA before going back to WWE. So that doesn't make sense. They didn't poach her from TNA.

I see your point. But sometimes starting a title reign out with a bang is actually doing the wrestler a disservice. Gail Kim never was given a character; she was simply the Asian girl who won the title on her first night. Paige got away with it because she had a lot of charisma and people thought she hot in a unique way.

Another example of this was having Sheamus beat Daniel Bryan in 18 seconds for the World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania 28. On the surface you could say they gave Sheamus everything on a silver platter. Take a closer look and I think they made Sheamus' title reign begin on an unpopular gimmicky finish.
Sheamus is a good example for getting a world title reign too early in his run. He won the WWE title a few months after his debut in 2009. Del Rio would be another good example. Both Sheamus and Del Rio have won countless accolades and never managed to become very over with the audience.

No, she is an angry bitter nobody that misses her 15 minutes of fame therfore tries to bury WWE every chance she gets. What she doesn't understand is that the majority couldn't care less about women's wrestling.
A nobody? She is a TNA legend. TNA might have become a joke in the last 10 years or so, but she clearly isn't a nobody. If Gail Kim is nobody then so are AJ Styles and Samoa Joe.

Bitter? She interacts with fans a lot on Twitter. If they ask her about WWE, she'll answer their questions with her honest opinion about the company. Are you honestly telling me WWE doesn't deserve most criticism it gets? If anything, it's a breath of fresh air having people like Gail Kim and Scott Steiner not being afruaf of burning their bridges with WWE and calling them out for their bullshit.

Was he talking about certain leaked NSFW pics from Gail Kim? You know the ones. Yeah, those...
I don't know. Maybe it was. And yes, ofc I know about those nudes.

From what I have read she was trouble backstage.
Never heard of that. She always seemed like someone who got along well with most people she crossed paths with in the industry.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
She left TNA before going back to WWE. So that doesn't make sense. They didn't poach her from TNA.
How doesn’t it make sense? She left TNA because they for some odd reason refused to pay her more money. WWE offered her more money and then proceeds to do fuck all with her. Yes, you can say that they only signed her to keep her away from TNA regardless of the 3 Month Gap between her leaving TNA and signing with WWE.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Gail outside her feud with Kong did'n really have any stand out matches it was just that one feud with Kong.

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
i dont think so i like gail and she thrived in Impact the same reason deonna purrazzo is currently having success in Impact because they just let the wrestlers be themselves and wrestle character work is not really needed over there

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Not really to be fair. Although efficient in the ring as she particularly showed in TNA, Gail Kim has all the charisma of a unwashed turnip.
As is often said, to be something in WWE you have to have that combination of both competent or impressive wrestler and a look merged with a natural entertainer.
Considering who they pushed at that time in the Women's Division, there was no excuse why they couldn't push Gail.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts