Wrestling Forum banner

Did we just witness 2 face turns on RAW?

4354 Views 50 Replies 48 Participants Last post by  Chris22
And i use the term 'turn' lightly.

Paige:

She 'returned' at Natalya's side. Fair enough the whole segment was a Total Divas advertisement and utterly pointless, but still, Paige appeared very much like a face here.

Big Show:

Destroyed the entire Social Outcast stable, started smiling, pandering and taking selfies with fans. He also got attacked by the Wyatts last week which makes this seem more likely to be an actual thing.

If this isn't a clear sign of the WWE's idiotic and on the fly booking then i don't know what is. What's the point? Why are we supposed to get excited about characters when they flip every other week (Fair enough Big Show isn't anything to get excited about anyway, but still)

Why do you think that the WWE keep on pulling this sort of stuff? Do they honestly think that it's a good idea or are they just completely bereft of ideas?
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· Registered
5,568 Posts
I think wwe realized How heel heavy the divas division was getting.
With Becky lynch seemingly the only face.

But in all fairness to Paige. Even when shes in heel mode. She gets the face like reactions/treatments
from the crowds. During her last match with Charlotte. The crowd was was giving full heel heat to Charlotte.
Making Paige the face of the two. So i guess that why????

· TEAM KICK!
11,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think wwe realized How heel heavy the divas division was getting.
With Becky lynch seemingly the only face.

But in all fairness to Paige. Even when shes in heel mode. She gets the face like reactions/treatments
from the crowds. During her last match with Charlotte. The crowd was was giving full heel heat to Charlotte.
Making Paige the face of the two. So i guess that why????
I think you are right to be honest, Natalya was the only other face and she's barely meant anything anyway. Brie and Fox just face whoever the hell they're put against without any real characters.

The problem is the random nature of it, and the lack of any point or continuity. It was only a couple of months ago that Paige was verbally attacking Natalya and was heavily linked to being the one who took her out backstage (Something else that didn't get explained, i might add) and all of a sudden they're best friends again.

They need to stop half assing things and at least try and have it make sense, get some long term plans in place and stop panicking because they get stuck.

· The discussion threads are back....but I stopped w
736 Posts
As nice as it was to see Paige again (when I heard her music start up from the other room, I came running.) I hated seeing her stuck in one of those "Total Divas" clusterfuck throwaway matches, especially since she was randomly assigned to the face corner. Why the hell can't they just let her be the selfish, loner heel she was meant to be and give her a second storyline? I don't care what it is. Have her feud with Brie Bella (I kinda like her new role are the resident Diva jobber, lol) for all I care, just do SOMETHING that isn't random promotional bullshit for Total Divas with no character, no logic and no story.

...Although, TD is kind of a guilty pleasure of mine, but I just can't stand the way its promoted on Raw.

· Locker Room Leader
15,176 Posts
Big Show turning again :lmao

Paige is an interesting case. She works far better as a heel, but always gets face reactions.

· Banned
4,054 Posts
Yep. And with no explanation or reason. The kind of thing that happened to the divas regularly pre-"revolution". Clearly promoting a shit TV show is more important to WWE than giving the divas any kind of storyline credibility.

· Registered
8,293 Posts
Part of the problem with the divas division is there basically is no division. There is only an interchangeable 6 divas. In order to make it work they need to change heel and face depending on the feud they are having. With Paige and nikki, they are both very good heels but always get cheered over the faces. It's a problem in the long run. Best thing to do is to keep them as tweeners. And the division is in desperate need of jobbers. How many times can you have brie job. Bring up the camerons, evas, emmas etc.

Reactions: Asmodeus
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.