• No

Votes: 42 82.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
WWE Fan
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think that Vince McMahon ended the streak so that presuming Lesnar puts Reigns over at Mania, he gets all the credibility and none of the heat of ending the streak?

·
The EST of NXT
28,694 Posts
No, I think it had more to do with Undertaker's body exeeding its mileage, and his opponents having to carry him the past few years. His match with Lesnar was awful, and he ended up concussed, so I think Vince did the right thing.

Reigns beating Lesnar at Mania is just the payoff.

·
Registered
397 Posts
No. If he wanted to put Reigns over he would have had him break the streak next year. The streak ended because Taker is old and ready to retire.

·
THE EMPIRE HAS RISEN
3,172 Posts
I highly doubt it.

Undertaker is my favorite wrestler of all time, but I accepted the reality that he isn't getting any younger, and is very banged up after his very long devotion to WWE.

Both Undertaker and Vince probably realized that it was probably time for The Streak to end. They didn't want to give it to a guy who may end up failing, so that's why Brock won.

Or maybe Vince just said fuck it, and wanted that big shocker for WM30 and hoped it would create enough buzz and draw people to buy the WWE Network to see The Streak end.

·
Registered
4 Posts
No, it was probably Taker's last match as he is getting on now. I also think Brock was Taker's choice to break the streak.

·
Registered
287 Posts
No, I think it had more to do with Undertaker's body exeeding its mileage, and his opponents having to carry him the past few years. His match with Lesnar was awful, and he ended up concussed, so I think Vince did the right thing.

Reigns beating Lesnar at Mania is just the payoff.
What a stupid comment. The match with Lesnar was awful BECAUSE he was concussed, not the other way around. Anyone that thinks Undertaker came into Wrestlemania for the last 8 years and had arguably the best match on the card each time with different opponents simply because he was carried by these guys is an idiot and it shits all over Undertaker's skill as a performer, his dedication to putting on an incredible show at 'Mania and the story he and his opponents told in the ring together.

We may never know the main motivation for ending the streak but I'm beginning to lean toward Vince becoming panicked when he realized that they'd be in a horrible spot with investors in the next few months. I think he felt it was now or never and desperately tried to boost the WWE Network.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Nah, it's just one of those things in wrestling. Everything ends. Guys go out on a loss. The vets try to put someone else over.

It was just time for The Streak to end. It was dragging a lot of the other matches on the card down because of its weight.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
Yes, the streak was ended so the next top babyface can beat the guy who broke the streak. The guy happens to be Reigns and he's a good choice to build the company around.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Taker (and Vince) tried to make the match happen while Brock was still with UFC.I doubt Lesnar at the time would have come back just to lose to Taker.There was some kind of plan (that obviously did not involve Reigns)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
As far as wrestling conspiracy theories go, this is one of the dumbest. Even if you were inclined to believe this, do you REALLY think WWE thinks 365 days ahead? Sometimes they don't think two hours ahead.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Why don't people understand that MARK CALAWAY wanted the streak to end, specifically to Brock. He has gone on record saying he has wanted the streak to end a few times so this was 100% his decision, not Vince's. Common sense, man.

Reactions: -XERO- and Empress

·
Registered
287 Posts
Why don't people understand that MARK CALAWAY wanted the streak to end, specifically to Brock. He has gone on record saying he has wanted the streak to end a few times so this was 100% his decision, not Vince's. Common sense, man.
I'm not saying this is or isn't true... it could be for all we know. But for the record, Calaway NEVER went on record and said that. Something posted on dirtsheets or insinuated through wrestle reporters or even other wrestlers isn't the same thing as going on record and stating it from your own mouth.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Do you think that Vince McMahon ended the streak so that presuming Lesnar puts Reigns over at Mania, he gets all the credibility and none of the heat of ending the streak?

You tryin to hard man.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts