1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
DIRK
10,344 Posts
Same thing happened when Edge was on top in early 2006 and it was still about Cena and Hunter. They're just bigger stars.

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
This. By him being overshadowed in the fued it was more of a surprise when he won, and it was also a big rub for Orton.
Yeah, I think if people thought Orton was overshadowed by Cena and HHH in that feud, they missed the point. Orton's surprise win was what catapulted him beyond being a paper champion and he spent the next year in top level feuds until around 2011.

·
Banned
608 Posts
Two reasons Randy Orton was in that match- Cena and Triple H's first match at WrestleMania was made special by the Chicago fans. In Florida that wasn't going to happen. Also, they wanted to reward Orton for all his hard work and great matches during his reign.

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts
Same thing happened when Edge was on top in early 2006 and it was still about Cena and Hunter. Theyre just bigger stars.
These two instances share one thing; triple h.

You need to make a big star to become one or else the bigger stars will get bigger as the smaller stars get smaller.

The feud had built a firm foundation around cena and orton. Cena won the rumble. Its just another case of tripleh yet again inserting himself into a feud.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
lol the video package for that match is too funny. I think Randy only has 2 lines? :lol

but yeah, one of the best Orton victories. He was pretty much a made man after that surprise win and instantly a fan favorite for it as well. Definitely a part of the icing on Orton's career cake. lul

1 - 15 of 15 Posts