Wrestling Forum banner

Did this kill WWE’s buzz overtime?

784 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  NapperX 
#1 ·
When Hulk Hogan left the WWE towards the mid 90’s too WCW.WWE many triumphs was coming too a slow end between 94 & 95,as WCW was flourishing as the new best promotion.& WWE was going nowhere it‘s lost popularity with bad booking.Keeps giving it pushes away too HBK & Bret Heart silly cartoon characters like Doink,Nash and Hall leave for WCW.WCW go for more a adult male audienc and the nWo era is born and ECW was picking up steam.At that point WWE was a standstill with silly no name wrestlers like today,up against more bigger name like HBK at the time and Taker.And it was only around late 1996 & 97 WWE got it act together.It had too embrace change and the gave us the AE era.Your larger than life star more adult content uses the ECW influence car crash tv,& all of sudden WWE was the top dog in the yard again in pop culture and around the world again winning the rating battle against WCW.But after WCW died WWE felt it no longer had too try get viewers too watch.WWE dips down again people stop slowly tuning into RAW & Smackdown.They did get up again during the Ruthless Aggression Era with big guys getting pushes like your Cena.But WWE was not so hot at the time during post AE,the adult male viewers went long ago.Instead WWE went for the whole internet mark crowd and pandering too child friendly viewing PG content viewers.Signing vanilla midget wrestlers & it‘s like they went back too 1993 again and never learn there lesson from the past.

WWE is now far away from the might powerhouse in Entertainment they once was.

See less See more
#3 ·
Part 2.

It like WWE is now out of touch with today’s world.The only best thing WWE has done this so far is the angle they did with Fury and Strowman and Ronda.It was thinking out of the box from just once It looked different and got some people talking.Sadly no one is talking about Drew Vs Brock it seem just like another day nothing too see here.And The Women Revolution has just one advantage Becky and that it Nothing after that.

#5 ·
If you think Tyson Fury was an example of what WWE should be doing, I hope and pray that WWE doesn't heed your words. The constant parade of former MMA and boxing types is a pox on professional wrestling, mostly because no one told Vince McMahon that these jamokes aren't Brock Lesnar and they never will be. My word.

#4 ·
Pro Wrestling is and will always be considered nerdy. You still have Mainstream media who thinks the only people who watch Pro Wrestling are virgins who live in there moms basement.

When I tell people that I watch Wrestling, I still get looks and get asked if I know that it’s fake. Pro Wrestling getting 8+ million people to continue watching after the 90’s was never possible.

Wrestling will never be consider cool again. No matter who they get or what they do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.