Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think this Miz title win spoils Wade completely? The guy was ready to win the belt and be a main event when he got screwed? Even the fans were behind him.

Miz could've cashed in his MITB at RR after entering the Rumble , getting eliminated... and then when we all think show is going off the air Miz cashes in against the Champ Wade Barret there....

That would've been awesome !
They just put him in the mix which i dnt like personally.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I admit it's kinda driven a wedge in where everything with Orton, Barrett and Cena was going, but after calming down from Monday night, I've accepted the fact that Barrett doesn't really need the belt right now to be over. Is he deserving? Yep. But it can wait for next year. Right now Barrett is getting insane heat, up there with levels reminiscent of Triple H at his prime. The other night's Orlando crowd proved that.

As long as WWE keep the booking for Wade tight and relevant, and with all this Cena stuff going on - they will.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
I don't know why they're afraid to put the belt on Barrett. Maybe because he's the one they want holding the belt going into WrestleMania. That's the way it SHOULD be, but if he keeps drawing nuclear heat like he did on Monday, they're gonna have no choice sooner or later. So, no, he's not screwed, but it does hurt his momentum to lose so many title matches.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
You can't be so particular if your favorite Superstar isn't carrying the title. The whole Nexus/Cena thing isn't over yet, it's going to continue. When Sheamus got the belt, especially the first time, people were going bonkers. Now they want to see Barrett or Del Rio with their respective titles. You can play favorites but it doesn't mean it isn't hypocritical.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Face it... these days the belt has lost it's prestige and is just used to push talent.

Wade doesn't need the belt to draw at the moment so why waste it on him.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
You can't be so particular if your favorite Superstar isn't carrying the title. The whole Nexus/Cena thing isn't over yet, it's going to continue. When Sheamus got the belt, especially the first time, people were going bonkers. Now they want to see Barrett or Del Rio with their respective titles. You can play favorites but it doesn't mean it isn't hypocritical.
It isn't hypocritical. Fast title reigns are great if the talent deserves it, in the case of Barrett and ADR, if they don't like Sheamus and Swagger, it's not. That's pretty simple.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
As long as Barrett gets there in the end I wont mind too much

·
Registered
619 Posts
Not at all. Barrett is in a great position and he actually doesn't need the title to get heat. He is the biggest heel in WWE at the moment and has a great storyline where he just got WWE's biggest draw fired. How can he lose any of his heat?

The way I see it, if Barrett - Cena happens at Mania, and even if it isn't for the title, the match is already big enough to headline Mania.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Not at all. Barrett is in a great position and he actually doesn't need the title to get heat. He is the biggest heel in WWE at the moment and has a great storyline where he just got WWE's biggest draw fired. How can he lose any of his heat?
Rewarding the guys who don't get a reaction with a title win in the hopes that it will get them a reaction is shoddy booking and ass backwards logic. Barrett should have gotten the title since Cena is now "gone", as a way of maintaining that heat in Cena's absence.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I'm relieved he didn't win to be honest. Wade will have his time, but right now i'm still not emotionally invested on him, he's good talent but if he wins the title tomorrow i won't feel excited or anything because it doesn't feel like he's earned it. I'd love to get "chills" when someone wins the world title, and i felt that way when The Miz won the title, i want to feel the same way when Wade wins the title but now is just not the right time.

·
kazooing my way to awesomeness
161 Posts
Finally got round to watching RAW! Right now, Barrett doesn't need the belt, he was getting so much heat it was actually funny. The best way to capitalise on it is to contunue the feud with him and Cena, they quite clearly have good chemistry together and their matches are quite enjoyable. It's only going to keep the fans on at him all the more and whilst the Miz has the belt, Barrett won't be winning it anytime soon, he just needs to keep his momentum going through to the Royal Rumble and if it's still there then great, he can be pushed at Wrestlemania in some capacity. I feel a short reign would have damaged his momentum, lets see how the Miz does first, if he struggles, you have a top heel waiting in the wings to take over.

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
When Barrett eventually wins the title, it will be a special moment because of the build-up he's gotten.

·
Registered
128 Posts
IMO Barrett winning the title at Wrestlemania would be the best way for the WWE to cement his status as the top heel for the years to come. I don't care who he defeats for it, as long as he wins it there cleanly and with no interference from Nexus at all (supposing Nexus still exists by that time).

·
Registered
9,108 Posts
Barrett is on fire and now he can be kept away from Orton. The Orton/Barrett were pretty terrible. Barrett is already there as a character but with the continued feud with Cena and an inecvitable feud with HHH he can become a much better wrestler.

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
Barrett didn't need to win the belt at SS to get heat. He got enough of that for essentially getting Cena fired. He can ride that wave of audience hatred for a while now.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
I don't think anything with Wade Barrett has been ruined or spoiled in anyway at all because with or without the belt he is still the top heel on Raw and probably all of WWE and the standout star in the only stable in the company. We have seen that Wade Barrett is believable in the main event scene and is very over as a heel but WWE messed up big time by waiting so long with The Miz and the longer it went on the harder it would have been to have The Miz cash in because of the Cena/Barrett/Orton storyline.

Since SummerSlam i have been saying that The Miz needs to cash in his Money in the Bank because there were rumours everywhere on the internet that WWE were going to have Cena/Barrett as a long term feud and at some point the title would have been involved seeing as Wade Barrett had overtaken everyone as a heel on Raw. I think that had The Miz not cashed in and Wade Barrett would have won then we wouldn't have seen The Miz cash in until the middle of next year because the Cena/Barrett/Orton storyline would have dominated Raw through WrestleMania and by then Triple H would also have been back as well.

There is little doubt that Wade Barrett will be WWE champion not too long a time after WrestleMania in my opinion but right now he doesn't need the title to stay as the top heel or be involved in a main storyline seeing as he is alongside John Cena in the biggest storyline WWE has seen for many years. The Miz needed to win the WWE title to be seen as a main event wrestler and even though he is now champion still isn't cemented as a main event wrestler whereas WWE title or not Wade Barrett is.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Wade Barrett sucks.

He's overrated, one-dimensional, and he's just being shoved-down people's throats (Just because you like him doesn't mean he everyone does). People say he's so over but it's like wtf? With the push he's been given if he wasn't getting the most heat in the WWE something would've been wrong. There's nothing special about him. Fucking Tyler Reks could've been given his push and gotten heat like that.

He doesn't deserve to hold the WWE Championship, nor be in the position he's but that's ok.

Wade Barrett may get the Dolph Ziggler treatment.

You know how Dolph Ziggler lost like 10 IC title matches in a row and then a year later he loses like 5 in a row and then he finally wins the title.

But if I had my way, Wade Barrett's title reign would break Andre the Giant's record.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts