Wrestling Forum banner

Did The Rock Bring "Ass" Back?

2939 Views 27 Replies 23 Participants Last post by  dalmatians
Ever since The Rock's first promo, The Miz, Cena, Jerry Lawler, everyone's saying ass now. Nice to see WWE has let more light profanities in.

Although JR calling Cole a rat bastard was pretty edgey but great at the same time. :)
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Premium Member
285 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. I think its nice to hear a little profanity every now and again. It alot better than hearing Im gunna beat your little booty.

· Registered
18,863 Posts
And thing great thing about this is that it's PG. Rock is proving my pint that most things someone like him and Austin said 10 years ago are still allowed on PG, so people shouldn't be like PG is restricting what WWE does cause it really doesn't.

· Registered
6,278 Posts
Yes, he did, and I don't have a problem with it. Any kid that's allowed to watch WWE hears worse language on TV every day. I mean, Raw doesn't end until around 11:15 at night. Do you have any idea what kind of language a kid watching could hear at that time if he just changed the channel?

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh yeah. Good that WWE atleast allowed that. And one more thing that I noticed that when Austin returned, he had raised his middle finger when he stood on the turnbuckle. And the last time, in 2010, when he had come as a Raw guest host, he had just raised his arms and not the middle finger. Just like written in somebody's signature :"WWE isnt in the PG era, its in the rebuilding era" ;)
Yeah I noticed that but did you also notice only on the first turn buckle he went to?

The rest of the time, the cameras didn't show above his head so you couldn't see his fingers.

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, he did, and I don't have a problem with it. Any kid that's allowed to watch WWE hears worse language on TV every day. I mean, Raw doesn't end until around 11:15 at night. Do you have any idea what kind of language a kid watching could hear at that time if he just changed the channel?
This.

· Recognize
21,207 Posts
Well it would hardly be fair for them to impose the double standard of Rock being allowed to say it and everybody else isn't. Besides, WWE always tend to push the PG barrier during the RTWM. Think back to Orton/HHH in 09. Some folks just blow the PG thing way out of proportion imo. If Rock is calling people asses then I'm glad others are allowed to respond in kind.

· Registered
2,508 Posts
I dont know why WWE got into the trend that being edgy will take away ratings and merch sales. Shows like Family Guy and South Park are huge hits and look at the content of those shows.

I'm not saying WWE has to have swearing all the time, extreme violence and half-nudity with the Divas, but I'm glad to see them finally realizing that they dont have to put on a Disney level show to bring in viewers.

· Old School
5,131 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. I think its nice to hear a little profanity every now and again. It alot better than hearing Im gunna beat your little booty.
Or, as Cena has said several times,"I'm gonna turn your face into mush!" Really?

I dont know why WWE got into the trend that being edgy will take away ratings and merch sales. Shows like Family Guy and South Park are huge hits and look at the content of those shows.

I'm not saying WWE has to have swearing all the time, extreme violence and half-nudity with the Divas, but I'm glad to see them finally realizing that they dont have to put on a Disney level show to bring in viewers.
Imagine, "ECW(original) turns PG in order to bring YOUR family a better, more child friendly experience."

I would have lol'ed.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.