Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Banned
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did it? That's what some dude been telling me, and just wanted to see everyone's opinions about it on here

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
No, it didn't.

·
Banned
12,539 Posts
As far as I'm aware, we are on a wrestling forum and we watch wrestling on Monday night and will be watching this Sunday so I suppose wrestling hasn't been killed.

Like someone said it pretty much killed kayfabe and that is a special part of wrestling.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
It made even the newest newcomer/kid getting into wrestling get an insight that a lot of people before it didn't have. You take one look on the internet and you will be know wrestling is fake almost from the get go.

It didn't kill it though, you only have to look at the latest buyrates for Mania to see that.

·
Anti-Hero
9,798 Posts
Yeah, that's right, wrestling is dead. It's not like millions of people still watch on a weekly basis or anything.

·
Premium Member
17,329 Posts
The Internet probably killed kayfabe.
this, but

Internet killed the Wrestling Star! Oh, Internett killed the Wrestling star! waaaaa oooooooohh!

·
Si
915 Posts
The Internet killed a lot of things but unlike WWE, those things evolved.

·
Registered
851 Posts
if anything, it'll be wwe for failing to evolve quickly and milk the internet, there are so many sports around the world that became bigger or still very big.

actually i do think wwe became bigger than before, it has more global presence now than like 10-20 years ago.

the biggest factor is back to the same one, the talent & storyline.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
if anything, it'll be wwe for failing to evolve quickly and milk the internet, there are so many sports around the world that became bigger or still very big.

actually i do think wwe became bigger than before, it has more global presence now than like 10-20 years ago.

the biggest factor is back to the same one, the talent & storyline.
How exactly can pro wrestling "evolve" with the boom of the internet? WWE and pro wrestling aren't like real sports. Real sports have little to hide. Pro wrestling thrives on secrecy. When you remove that, you have absolutely nothing left but a bunch of greased men that pretend to get mad at each other. It's a poor man's soap opera, and that alone is pathetic enough to relate to. It's not that pro wrestling hasn't learned to evolve, it is media and entertainment evolving away from pro wrestling. Pro wrestling is a dying entertainment form. It takes a very gullible and easily entertained person to thoroughly enjoy pro wrestling. Why do you guys think that kids eat it up so much? And why do you think that 99% of this forum is always upset? I can admit that I'm easily entertained by pro wrestling and that's why I continue to not only watch it, but enjoy it, something too few of you here have a chance to experience these days.

·
Premium Member
15,077 Posts
The internet has people thinking they know whats best for the wrestling business. And it has hurt it, especially with the spoilers. Lesnar and Jericho's returns would have been much bigger had it not been posted all over the internet. It always pissed me off when a certain wrestler makes a surprise return but the surprise is ruined with the dozens of signs in the audience letting the cat out of the bag.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts