Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember at Wrestlemania 19 Chimmel announced the band as WWE's favorite band. They did a bunch of different PPV songs including 2 Wrestlemanias in less then 2 years. They provided Undertakers theme song Rollin. Now on those matches they need to edit out the Limp Bizkit songs like the Wrestlemania anthology.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I think they just fizzled out really.
What on earth is with your sig?

·
Registered
417 Posts
they were kinda like the guest hosts. They were there to promote stuff.

They fizzled out because Taker's gimmick change from American Badass to Deadman........Fred Durst + Deadman.......um no!

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
WWE have edited the music out of the newer DVD releases so that they don't have to pay royalties to Limp Bizkit.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I don't know if they even still exist today or what would cause their songs to be edited out of the DVD, but they used to be pretty good. Rollin', My Way, Nookie, and Break Stuff are all good songs.

·
Banned
4,682 Posts
I don't know if they even still exist today or what would cause their songs to be edited out of the DVD, but they used to be pretty good. Rollin', My Way, Nookie, and Break Stuff are all good songs.
No, no they're not. LOL.

They were popular songs, but they sucked.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
They do still exist, they're actually playing the Reading and Leeds festivals in the UK in August. I never really liked them, but Rollin' was a great entrance theme for Taker at that time.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
I was watching WMX7 just the other day (for maybe the 200th time) and I still LOL @ the version I have when Taker comes out on his bike to his ministry theme.

It reminded me of when I used to give that song to CAWs who didn't suit the music whatsoever.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
The only thing I liked about Taker going back to the deadman gimmick is that he wouldn't be using Limp Biskit anymore as his theme song.

·
YES! YES! YES!
10,405 Posts
They edited it out because WWE doesn't want to pay royalties to Limp Bizkit for DVD sales. Just like they edited out Kid Rock's performance from the WrestleMania 25 DVD. It's all about the money, as Vinnie Mac likes to say.

And Limp Bizkit is still around. They reformed a little while back and are putting out a new album soon. They released the first single back around May. I saw them perform at the end of May at Rock On The Range in Ohio.

·
I Have Mixed Drinks About Feelings
333 Posts

Yes the band still exist. They played a show down here on July 10th.

The songs were most likely edited out for the reason that others mentioned. They simply just didn't want to pay royalties.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts