Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got so used to the hilarious commentary, hot chicks, and botches of Season 3. It was entertaining. Season 4 has none of that, and it's getting hard to care.

I like these rookies a lot. Looking forward to seeing most of them on the main roster. But it's a struggle, getting myself to watch NXT these days.

Anybody else feel that way?

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
I was worried I wouldn't find it as entertaining, and I suppose in a way, I don't. I'm kind of enjoying the serious booking rather than loving the ridiculous, though, which is good.

I'm a little concerned that I'm only tuning in for the Bateman/Bryan interaction. If he gets eliminated I could find myself not bothering, quite easily.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Season 2 ruined it. Everything from the wrong winner, to everyone botching the ending of the season, to the lack of impact that it had on the main roster compared to the first, it was just all around horrible. To top it off, they jobbed the winner out, gave him nothing to work with and released him, killing off any chance the show had from then on to be looked at as a true breakout moment for someone.

There is an argument, however, that NXT was ruined immediately following season 1, when Nexus invaded, because that DID, in theory, invalidate the point of the show, with only 1 person intended to be given a contract and then they all got them. However, we all knew that they were all contracted in reality, so I didn't necessarily see it like that.

·
Inappropriately tinkly music.
7,024 Posts
Season 2 ruined it. Everything from the wrong winner, to everyone botching the ending of the season, to the lack of impact that it had on the main roster compared to the first, it was just all around horrible. To top it off, they jobbed the winner out, gave him nothing to work with and released him, killing off any chance the show had from then on to be looked at as a true breakout moment for someone.

There is an argument, however, that NXT was ruined immediately following season 1, when Nexus invaded, because that DID, in theory, invalidate the point of the show, with only 1 person intended to be given a contract and then they all got them. However, we all knew that they were all contracted in reality, so I didn't necessarily see it like that.
The combination of Nexus invading Raw, and the season 2 fucknuts screwing up their big beatdown certainly combined to kill off the excitement surrounding the show. "Hey, they'll all show up anyway. Unless they're incompetent idiots*."

*Or even if they're idiots, as evidenced by good ol' A-Ri. :p

·
The Knight
1,746 Posts
Season One was really good, only bad points for me really being the random treatment of Tarver and Bryan. Season Two started to go downhill, with the random faith creative seemed to have in Lucky Cannon, plus the fact the competitors weren't as interesting and neither were the Pros. The horrific finale capped it all off. The Titus O'Neill no-sell still appears to me sometimes when I close my eyes. :side:

The thing about Season Three was, though, that it was so bad, it was almost good. I wanted to watch just cause of the god-awful botches, Punk's commentary, AJ and Kaitlyn etc. I don't know why, but it was entertaining somehow. I'm feeling good about Clay and Saxton for this season, but really I'm not that excited for it. I don't know if NXT has ever been "ruined" for me, but certainly the handling of the show hasn't been great and the Season Two finale certainly went a long way towards it, for sure.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Not having it on TV ruined it for me.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Yes. Season 3 was the worst television show not staring a Kardashian.

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Season3 was the most entertaining of them all. NXT needs to stop, and we have to let people debut the normal way. Most NXT ''losers'' are destroyed by the show.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Nah, the dreadful Season 2 Finale did. Granted, S3 took bad to new heights, but man, everything on that .. finale ruined nearly any hope I had for the future.

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
I am going to have to agree with other people in saying that the Season 2 finale is what did it for me. That was the biggest clusterfuck I have ever seen on WWE television. I haven't watched NXT since.

Just when you thought the segment had driven itself into the ground, another thing would follow it and face plant the whole thing even more.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Honestly, I thought S1 was the worst season. Sure, the people involved made the biggest impact, but the actual show itself was kinda boring back then.

The second season was great...Kaval had a really good match every week, Riley was great on the mic (he's not so impressive now, for whatever reason), Husky was good, Percy was funny at first, Cody shone, Lay-Cool was actually entertaining...and then of course there were the trainwreck-ish moments, like Eli Cottonwood & the moustache thing.

S3 also had lots of trainwreckishness, although I thought the Michael Cole stuff just got tiresome after the mid-way point or so. At first it was lol, then it was 'Um, no, now you're just not even giving them the chance to do something decent'. AJ and Naomi actually had one of the better matches in NXT history, and a lot of them had pretty strong personalities and characters.

S4 is good so far, although I'll admit that it's mainly thanks to Bateman/Bryan. Bateman's definitely my favourite NXT guy so far. There are no trainwrecks this season though, which is both an advantage and a drawback I guess.

As a whole, I still say it's the best WWE show. Less time consuming, fun and it doesn't take itself too seriously. It's the only one I actually watch in full.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts