Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it did. Not long after he changed the belt design and dicthed his whole brown paper bag theme (which was awful by the way) he really started to get on a roll. The win fro booker legitimized him even more, and I was really expecting him to go over in this fued with Big Show but I don't know where thery're going with this one now. His heat died down a ilttle bit recently so I actually consider him to be more over before the rhodes/show fued started.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
Yea, it helped.

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
I believe it did help, it established him as a real player in the WWE and showed his potential, separating him from the mi-card pack.

·
Registered
134 Posts
It did, and I also think that Cody will get over one way or another during this Big Show feud, hopefully by getting the title back

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Not really because WWE didn't do anything to maintain his momentum after the feud. Giving the IC title to Big Show was a mistake as they didn't line up anything for Rhodes.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
It did a little but only a little bit.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
It did cause it proved that Rhodes can compete with someone like Booker. Though Cole was doing the opposite of what he should have been doing to Booker. Instead of putting down Booker for 99% of the feud, he should have been putting up Rhodes. Putting down Booker made the feud seem like Rhodes victory wasn't that big.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
It did I think, but that didn't stop the feud from being incredibly boring. Rhodes' initial feud against the Big Show helped him as well, with the 'Big Show's embarrassing moments' segments being pretty awesome. Now it's all been undone because since Wrestlemania WWE have mercilessly buried Rhodes for absolutely no raisin. Good job creative.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts