Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Think this was the biggest storyline in recent years and it suddenly ended with a de-push if anything of Wade Barrett. Back then Wrestlemania had Barret v Cena written all over it. Hell there was even talk about turning Cena heel.

Think, around this time Vince probably signed the contract with Rock, thus resulting in the dramatic change in course of the storyline, knowing a program with Cena/Rock would be BIG BUCKS.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Think this was the biggest storyline in recent years and it suddenly ended with a de-push if anything of Wade Barrett. Back then Wrestlemania had Barret v Cena written all over it. Hell there was even talk about turning Cena heel.

Think, around this time Vince probably signed the contract with Rock, thus resulting in the dramatic change in course of the storyline, knowing a program with Cena/Rock would be BIG BUCKS.

Thoughts?
Makes sense. I never understood why they let Barrett and Nexus fizzle out so quickly. Instead of one big faction, we have two tiny ones that barely make any impression on the shows anymore. It does seem though that they stopped pushing Barrett in favor of Del Rio. The guy is all over both shows now.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I don't think that that was meant to to be Rock vs Cena as a build up to a match, but it certainly spoke volumes of the WWE. From Austin 3:16, to DO YA SMELL, WHAT THE ROCK, IS COOKIN'! to John Cena...There is only one weak link in the chain, and insulting Cena, who is the face of the WWE is really a shot at the WWE itself. Plus, who else could say all that about Cena? Rock is just the greatest on the mic.

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts
I am THROUGH with anything regarding The Nexus, its has become a STUPID group and it has become a STUPID angle. Yes I was interested in it at first with the "Bigger Picture" mystery and how things were going and I gave the group a chance, but then they went COMPLETELY off course and screwed things up by having Cena join but then only to have him be "fired" for a couple of weeks then have him be REHIRED BY WADE!!!....WHAT WAS THE FUCKING POINT OF THAT?!?! THEN they sent Barrett to smackdown to make ANOTHER STUPID GROUP and now they have pretty much turned The Nexus into the straight edge society 2.0. The New Nexus/The Corre is ridiculous and its an insult to great groups such as Evolution and DX to name a few.
If they wanted to cool down the Nexus angle for the rock, they could of done it in a much better way without making the last 6 months or so look like a complete waste of time for the Nexus angle.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Rock and Cena will have a small interaction , no chance in hell about a match

·
Banned
4,730 Posts
Maybe. I think the fact that Cena/Nexus got SOOOOO stale played a bigger role in it though. It's just The Rock was the straw that broke the camel's back if you like.

·
Banned
4,730 Posts
Rock and Cena will have a small interaction , no chance in hell about a match
I think it'll be a BIG interaction. But yeah like you said, not in a match.

Still, I could maybe see a match happening in Rock's hometown at WM28..

I mean, it would be the PERFECT way for Rock to retire for good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts