Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mr. Perfect was the Special Ref during Lex Luger's WWF Title challenge of Yokozuna at WM X. Lex Luger had Yokozuna beat, and then beat up Mr. Fuji & Jim Cornette. Mr. Perfect was busy checking on them rather than count Lex Luger pinning Yokozuna. Lex Luger then pushed Mr. Perfect and got DQ'd.

Did Mr. Perfect have an agenda the whole time, or was Perfect just reacting to Lex pushing him. This was supposed to lead to a feud between Mr. Perfect & Lex Luger on the Wrestlemania Revenge Tour.

But Perfect left before the feud could begin. What was Mr. Perfect's deal? Would Luger have fought Perfect at King of the Ring or Summerslam if Perfect didn't leave?

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
I always thought this came off really clumsily.

Luger pushing the referee was his own fault, so it's harder to take his side even if Perfect was being slow to count. Cornette and Fuji were distractions that needed to be dealt with either way and, if Lex had such a problem, he could have just nailed Yokozuna with another forearm once they were taken care of.

Furthermore, Perfect was legit screwed by heel Luger the previous year, so even if he had an agenda, it's hard to blame him for wanting to go after him. As a Perfect fan, I just wasn't ready to boo Perfect yet.

But, Jack Tunney selecting Perfect to referee that match was a weird decision to begin with, given the history between Perfect and Lex.

·
Banned
4,268 Posts
Mr. Perfect was the Special Ref during Lex Luger's WWF Title challenge of Yokozuna at WM X. Lex Luger had Yokozuna beat, and then beat up Mr. Fuji & Jim Cornette. Mr. Perfect was busy checking on them rather than count Lex Luger pinning Yokozuna. Lex Luger then pushed Mr. Perfect and got DQ'd.

Did Mr. Perfect have an agenda the whole time, or was Perfect just reacting to Lex pushing him. This was supposed to lead to a feud between Mr. Perfect & Lex Luger on the Wrestlemania Revenge Tour.

But Perfect left before the feud could begin. What was Mr. Perfect's deal? Would Luger have fought Perfect at King of the Ring or Summerslam if Perfect didn't leave?
erm...you're talking about it as if its real lol

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
The plan was to pick up from where they left off a year before and do Luger/Hennig from WrestleMania 10 and culminate at Summerslam in 1994 but Curt Hennig's back problems resurfaced and they killed the feud instantly. This is why they turned Tatanka later on as that was the storyline they put together following Luger/Hennig becoming a non starter, it was an easy feud to put together based on their past but they didn't mesh well so I'm glad it didn't happen in the end.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
erm...you're talking about it as if its real lol
I thought this as well when I saw the thread title but reading his post I can see what he's trying to imply. He's just trying to get some real in-depth kayfabe context, as most 'fans' on here do.

·
Banned
18,555 Posts
The plan was for them to feud again and it would be revealed that Perfect screwed Luger intentionally as payback for Wrestlemania IX.

However, I loved how Perfect played innocent during the post-match interview. He did make some valid points to defend his "fair" decision.

- Vic

60,006 Posts
The plan was to pick up from where they left off a year before and do Luger/Hennig from WrestleMania 10 and culminate at Summerslam in 1994 but Curt Hennig's back problems resurfaced and they killed the feud instantly. This is why they turned Tatanka later on as that was the storyline they put together following Luger/Hennig becoming a non starter, it was an easy feud to put together based on their past but they didn't mesh well so I'm glad it didn't happen in the end.
:clap this sums up everything perfectly well.

·
Pissing in the Mainstream
1,791 Posts
If I remember correctly Henning did what he did because Luger knocked him out backstage at WM 9. At least that is what the story behind him screwing Luger was.

·
Premium Member
44,439 Posts
I always wondered why the story got dropped Post Mania X, but keep in mind, I didn't have internet back then, so I was just left in the dark on stuff like that.

·
Premium Member
15,531 Posts
The reason the "feud" was put to a halt was because, on top of having a broken foot, Perfect started no-showing events and quit in late April.

I guess he looked at the prospect of working for decent money or sitting at home and collecting big money from his insurance policy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts