Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the first time ever as champ, miz got over without alex or cole. Is that a sign of things to come? Will his title soon be legit? Lets not get too excited tho cuz once again, as always, he didnt legitamately get over on the better wrestler. He did jump Cena and used the belt. So even if he loses alex and cole for good the creative team just cant give him a clean win, that wld be too unbelieavable. But it cld be a baby step. The next step is stop overselling himself as a great champ and the best ever coupled with the crybaby no one respects me crap. But was last nite a fluke or will he still need help to win?

· Registered
12 Posts
I certainly hope so. I was impressed with him last night, Cena's segment was disappointing and Miz's promo saved it. I've been thinking for a few weeks that he's looked more impressive, like when he won the tag team championship with Cena, he looked good. I like him, and hopefully they do give him a good run leading up to wrestlemania and let him show what he can do without A-Ri.

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I certainly hope so. I was impressed with him last night, Cena's segment was disappointing and Miz's promo saved it. I've been thinking for a few weeks that he's looked more impressive, like when he won the tag team championship with Cena, he looked good. I like him, and hopefully they do give him a good run leading up to wrestlemania and let him show what he can do without A-Ri.
But what was impressive? He did more mic work then anything. What's impressive about an attack from behind using the belt then doing ur finisher on a defenless person before finishing it off with a weak People's Elbow? Im never impressed with sneak attacks. beating someone straight up impresses.

· Registered
1,485 Posts
For the first time ever as champ, miz got over without alex or cole. Is that a sign of things to come? Will his title soon be legit? Lets not get too excited tho cuz once again, as always, he didnt legitamately get over on the better wrestler. He did jump Cena and used the belt. So even if he loses alex and cole for good the creative team just cant give him a clean win, that wld be too unbelieavable. But it cld be a baby step. The next step is stop overselling himself as a great champ and the best ever coupled with the crybaby no one respects me crap. But was last nite a fluke or will he still need help to win?
WWE wants to properly establish Miz as the top heel even though I personally don't think he is the best candidate. Expect him to retain his title at wrestlemanina and officially become THE heel in WWE.

· The Winds of Change
5,629 Posts
I think in the eyes of the everyday, casual WWE fan, yes Miz did turn the corner...or I should say set into motion his turning the corner. His promo saved the entire segment at the end of the show, and he made it loud and clear that HE is the WWE Champion and should not be over looked by anyone...especially The Rock. People haven't been taking him seriously, because he has either been booked as a complete coward as he was against Orton, or he was jobbing to Jerry Lawler. Hardly the type of material you want to try and get over a new main event star in a big way.

I really liked how he was talking right into the camera because it was fitting for his personality, and grabbed everyone's attention. Even if you wanted to look at something else, you couldn't because he was 4 inches from the camera. His character is a prick, and that is exactly how he addressed The Rock and the WWE audience watching last night. Props to The Miz.

· Registered
9,636 Posts
Getting rid of Riley was the best move ever for Miz. I mean I liked Riley but Miz's performance last night was his best stuff since his feud with Daniel Bryan and it was ridiculously obvious that Riley's presence and bumbling ways made Miz more of a joke.

· Registered
450 Posts
Miz was great last night. I think that he can be taken more seriously without Riley and if Cole can stop kissing his ass.

Cena, on the other hand, was absolutely horrible.

· I must away and tend to my ravens
12,225 Posts
Their was no corner turned, even with the attack on Cena, no one cares about the Miz, people would rather see Rock/Cena. Miz/Cena is not a WM main event, its a weak Raw main event.
Maybe they do, maybe they don't, that segment is not the one to judge by. Imagine instead he'd done that attack on The Rock the week before EC, the crowd were hot at that point which would've made Miz's attack mean something. Cena had sucked the life out of the crowd and nobody could've got a big reaction with an attack like that (Rock or Austin would've got a bigger one but it would've been small by their standards)

I did have an idea before Raw aired which might've worked better than what they actually did. I would've had Austin and Miz in the ring for a segment and let Austin punk him out, similar to the way Foley punked out Orton in 2004 or Edge in 2008, using his presence to bring out a new aggression in Miz that would carry him through the main-event of Wrestlemania. I'm sre you all remember the 2008, Edge destoyed Foley and went full-on psycho going into his HIAC match with Taker. I wouldn't do it that way, I would've played it more like the '04 segment, what happened there was that Randy became intimidated then, in his match the following week, got busted open for the first time and fed off it to become someone who could actually go toe-to-toe with Cactus Jack. That would've been better wouldn't it?

· Registered
5,747 Posts
Miz came out and was physically great. Verbally, he could of relaxed some but the level of frustration is understandable.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.