Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,962 Posts
You don't get into WWE just for the money, it takes passion and hard work and training to make it into the company, specially as a male wrestler anyway (even though I feel the same about the female's on a whole, there have been the odd occasions of being hired for various reasons, such as Lana with her acting skills for example), however from what I've heard Miz wanted to be a wrestler and did work hard at it, despite the fact he was on this Real World thing, which people tend to only see the surface of.

· Registered
3,350 Posts
It was actually his dream to become a wrestler, don't know if he did it for the money but he is married to Maryse so it's a win-win. :dance2

· Banned
2,009 Posts
Yes. I know him personally, and that's all he ever talks about. I get tired of hearing it. I'm like Miz, cool it bro. I know you're a heartless individual, you don't have to keep reiterating.

· Fearless University Graduate
Fearless University Graduate
24,869 Posts
You dont have to watch ROH or do 10,000 flips per match to be a wrestling fan. Miz is known to be a huge wrestling fan growing up, his stint on Real World was basically just him talking about wrestling and becoming a wrestler. He got noticed through that, but for some reason wrestling fans hold that against him because fake fighting in speedos is too high brow an artform for an ex reality TV show guy...

If he got into it to be good at it, then that sure didn't work out.
Even though he's one of the only guys in WWE who can work a gimmick, work the mic and work the crowd. He's not great in the ring but he's good enough and theres more to wrestling than the fake fighting part.

· Fearless University Graduate
Fearless University Graduate
24,869 Posts
Done ok for himself? The guy is barely even on the show anymore and when he is, he's jobbing to other jobbers.
Hes made more money than any of us will, main evented Mania, worked with his idol; The Rock, and married the hottest chick in the world. Sounds like he's done well.

· Oh My Goddess
5,107 Posts
Done ok for himself? The guy is barely even on the show anymore and when he is, he's jobbing to other jobbers.
- Won almost every title there is to win.
- Bagged a supremely hot wife.
- Become one of the top talkers of the modern era.
- Made lots of money along the way.

Yeah, he has done okay for himself.

· THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
11,961 Posts
He's always wanted to be a wrestler use to talk about it all the time on Real World.

· Registered
159 Posts
I have no idea if the Miz was a wrestling fan, or not growing up. I don't follow what wrestlers do outside the ring.

I will say though it's surprising how many people that attend wrestling schools (like the one in my area) that AREN'T wrestling fans. I can't really explain it, but they seem to just get a "high" performing themselves that watching others on TV doing it just can't provide.

No one at the schools seem to mind where the people come from though as long as they are good, so I guess it doesn't really matter.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.