Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts
Corbin is in the King Of The Ring tournament, and he's probably gonna win, honestly.

Lacey Evans is still MIA, and good. She's the worst wrestler in the business. She has no reason to ever be on television. Granted, I still think she'll be holding one of the singles belts by the end of the year, because.....Vince.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Lacey aint in the championship picture and isn't in a tag team so WWE isn't booking her apparently. Corbin just finding a new feud I reckon

·
Banned
11,533 Posts
I initially thought they were taking them off TV after losing to Seth and Becky 100000 times, but not seeing them last night is a bit disappointing. Neither are taking time off. Lacey has been on Main Event and Corbin has just been backstage. We need Wrestleforum's favorite son back on TV asap.

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,167 Posts
I initially thought they were taking them off TV after losing to Seth and Becky 100000 times, but not seeing them last night is a bit disappointing. Neither are taking time off. Lacey has been on Main Event and Corbin has just been backstage. We need Wrestleforum's favorite son back on TV asap.
Corbin has got to be a favorite to win KotR, it's either going to be him or Rick O'Shea.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Well if you're aren't fighting for the Womens Title you don't get TV time.

As for Baron Corbin, he's about to become King Corbin! Has a nice ring to it doesn't it?

·
Registered
996 Posts
Everyone's favourite son is in the KotR. They're probably figuring out where to go with him.

Lacey is just dead. And that is good. She has like no redeemable features. Guess she can't bop her head as good as Alexa can.

·
Registered
8,845 Posts
The WWE has nothing for them right now--story of the company and its talent. And I don't even like these two. But it's clear that they just cannot juggle such a large roster. They need to let a bunch of names go, not just for the company's sake but for the sake of the wrestlers and their fanbases. And not just scrubs like some unknown cruiserweight Perkins type or a guy like Shawn Spears, but some of their more notable ones that Vince uses sometimes in the title picture but obviously doesn't love. Guys/girls like Finn, Joe, Sasha, Asuka, Ziggler, Ember, etc

Either that or officially give people time off without penalty or fear of getting "time added" to their contracts. Popular underused talent who are doing nothing right now should be relaxing at home or even *gasp* be allowed to wrestle in the indies while under contract, not wrestling stale WWE house shows every week while they aren't in storylines for months at a time. That just hurts their stock and that in turn ends up hurting the company itself. Jobbing a guy like Ziggler out 20000 times may hurt Ziggler but it also hurts the company when they need to use him every 6 months or so. Who wants to watch a title program when you know it's just to feed to someone Vince prefers? That's how you lose viewers and fans.

WWE in its quest to put everyone out of business ended up killing their own brand. When there were territories, people could go in and out of the WWE, and it wouldn't feel like they were being put on a shelf because if they weren't being used they'd be doing something else in Memphis or something before being called back for a significant program. Nowadays when people are doing nothing they either job for months or only appear on house shows.

·
Southern Pride
3,555 Posts
....Anyway, moving on from the trolls and negativity gimmick posters...

It is just a matter of Vince and crew not knowing what to do with them after they challenged Seth and Becky several months in a row. Corbin will be back on TV soon with KOTR, but I do fear for Lacey. They simply have nothing for her besides beating Dana Brooke, Sarah Logan or whomever on Main Event.

Lacey occasionally shares events that shes advertised for in the future but there is no promise that she will be on TV.

·
Registered
307 Posts
They're both people who were just very overpushed for their current level of talent . Lacey clearly caught Vince eye with her look and gimmick, but she should have stayed down at NXT for another year. The fact they pushed her so much just exposed her glaring inadequacies in the ring.

Baron Corbin is and should always have been a midcard guy. I don't know what Vince ever saw in him to give him such opportunities. He's not even got the typical Vince look

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
MAKE WAY FOR KING CORBIN

Its pretty much the perfect reason to give Corbin a new gimmick and attire to ever since his constable gimmick ran its course.

Edit: Referring to the king of the ring thing btw. Fully expecting Corbin to be winning it.

Reactions: jpickens

·
Registered
24,469 Posts
They had their run on top for months, now it's done, they don't really have anything for them at the moment, so they're sitting on the sidelines for now (until Corbin got announced for KOTR).

That's about it.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,537 Posts
The McMahons probably blamed them for the ratings hitting the toilet during the Lynch's feuds. Even though those two were just repeatedly fed to Becky and Seth.

Wether you like Baron or not it was insanely dumb to take him off TV right after he got the heat from EODing Becky. They should have capitalised on that.

So much for that big monster push Corbin was getting. Though I see the same generic posters are sticking to that idea, even though Corbin jobs all the time. It's funny how supposedly Corbin is getting some monster push and getting too much TV time, when Super Rollins is going strong and stinking up the joint but the people who bitch about Baron and this huge push he's supposedly getting swing off Seths ballsack.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
lacey isn't on tv because she's not the champ or challenging for a title

welcome to 'wwe life' for the vast majority of the ladies on the roster

the above doesn't apply if you're piss or nepotism, who can be inserted into anything at a moment's notice with no rhyme or reason

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Don't think the fans are too bothered by these two not being featured on the show recently. They were two undeserving, underwhelming opponents to give to your two top champions. If they do return they should never be in the title scene or a main focus of the show again unless they massively improve. Corbin realistically needs to just be placed in the midcard, that's his ceiling.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts