Wrestling Forum banner

Did King f*ck up?

1180 Views 7 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  mrwrestling
Just as Raw was going to the first commercial break, Lawler was promoting Rock's segment later on via titantron when he just completely went quiet in the middle of his sentence. It was pretty awkward.

My guess is that he wasn't supposed to mention that the Rock "invites us all into his home..." silence and that Vince tore him a new asshole through his headphones for giving it away that Rock wasn't gonna be present tonight.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Or they had technical difficulties and the mics stopped working.....
That could be true. But to me it didn't sound like a quick cut out. It sounded like he trailed off in the middle of his sentence like something else caught his attention and that the mic was still on. I think I heard him shuffling around during the whole deal.

It's not really a big deal. I'm just saying, if that was the case, then that had to suck for King.

· Registered
2,381 Posts
If you know anything about WWE commentating, they basically have Vince yelling at them in one ear the whole time telling them certain things to say, or making them shut up if they say thinsg they shouldn't.. obviously The Rock being via sattellite and not live is a disappointment so they don't want people to know that in advance.. if people think the Rock is there live they'll be more likely to tune in. Hell, they couldn't even get HBK to fly to Buffalo and he only appeared via a pre-taped montage segment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.