Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Total NonStop Action"? also Michael Cole seemed pissed after that. Does anyone think WWE would do anything to Kaval, since he mentioned the rival's company?

also when you hear "Total Nonstop Action" i think everyone knows the name TNA

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
"Behind every great man, is a great great woman. The problem for them is, I got two of 'em.

You supposed to be chosen huh? The pick of the litter. Except I'm'a gonna' be the hottest topic running Twitter.

Go getter boy is sick. I'm gonna' go far, cause what I do is leave people stand in awe.

Showtime, you're too kind. Riley you just whine and Joe, I mean Micheal (nervous chuckle) you'll be a star in no time.

But Husky's breakin' molds and breakin' all labels. But what he breaks best is called buffet tables.

So go ahead, call me rookie. Find out what I'm packin'. Cause I'm the only reason for some total nonstop action."

My first thought was, "Holy crap, he just dropped a TNA reference on live WWE TV!"
word life

·
Banned
2,954 Posts
I doubt he used it without a permission from somone higher up

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
When he first said it I was totally shocked, but then as the show went on and Michael Cole was in the ring talking about the definition of 'impact' and who's made the most impact, I began to think it was a direct shot at TNA from WWE.

Kaval said he's the only thing that is total nonstop action, basically putting down the TNA product and then Cole spoke about impact meaning somebody who can make change/eluding to TNA's lack of change even though they always claim it's coming.

·
Registered
544 Posts
When he first said it I was totally shocked, but then as the show went on and Michael Cole was in the ring talking about the definition of 'impact' and who's made the most impact, I began to think it was a direct shot at TNA from WWE.

Kaval said he's the only thing that is total nonstop action, basically putting down the TNA product and then Cole spoke about impact meaning somebody who can make change/eluding to TNA's lack of change even though they always claim it's coming.
This makes a lot of sense.

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
I don't think it's being looked into too much at all. Consider the fact that they completely put down Kaval at the end of the show, despite the fact that he came out looking WAY stronger than Hennig or Riley. The Cole/Matthews promo almost seemed to be directly related to what Kaval said. It makes absolutely ZERO sense that based on Kaval's performance last night, he should be eliminated. So, you almost have to believe that there's something to it.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
the cole part makes sense...the mathews promo contradicted everything he had said about him all night. i hope it was a work. i'm thinking it was more of a worked shoot...considering kaval looked directly into the correct camera when he said total non stop action. then the ending may have been a way for wwe to sort of "save face" kayfabe wise. make them (tna) think they didn't authorize the comment. who knows...i just hope kaval doesn't get in some kind of trouble.

·
Registered
905 Posts
When Matthews said Kaval should be eliminated, despite praising him earlier, I thought for sure someone higher up had ordered Kaval to be cut because of that promo. Surprised to see Harris go, he's the only one who has improved.
Pretty sure someone told Matthews to say Kaval though, for whatever reason. Maybe they'll both be against him next week.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,967 Posts
Its crazy that WWE is letting people just openly reference other promotions with these NXT promos. First Dragon, now Low Ki.

·
Registered
275 Posts
If anything they will probably be more annoyed that he called Hennig "Joe" instead of "Michael"! That seemed like a genuine slip up and doesn't look great when they are pushing his new name. I doubt he mentioned Total Nonstop Action without permission from somebody higher up, and even if he did then i doubt it will matter too much. The only people who will have got the reference are people who already know about TNA.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts