Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Vince just gets a kick out of making certain people - and their families - into running jokes.

The Rotunda and Rhodes families have never had anyone treated with respect - certainly not on screen. Maybe he was great pals with IRS, and sits chatting with Dustin Rhodes like old buddies for hours backstage. But on screen, even Dusty was nothing but a joke until he died.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I mean he’s the brother in law and son in law of Barry Windham and blackjack Mulligan and his family is wrestling royalty and his two sons are booked like jokes. So normally the WWE loves second or third generation wrestlers but his sons Wyatt and Dallas are jokes, so did he piss Vince off?
Consider it from the alternate standpoint - are Bray & Bo there on talent? Both are decent workers but hardly spectacular. Had they not been the sons of IRS do they even get their feet in the door? I'm really not sure. Bray is charismatic but has a physique which doesn't scream star and Bo is a decent worker but ... well lets be kind and just say he's not as charismatic as his brother. So they are gainfully employed and get on TV regularly that's a lot more than most guys in the industry ever get. Not everyone is going to get a mega push and I am sure they both understand that just being there is an achievement in and of itself.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Mr Perfect was never WWE champion either. So he wasn’t a big deal either. And they never booked the Rhodes good either. I guess Roman and Orton are the exceptions. Something tells me they have English on TV because of Eddie Guerrero though. Him being his son in law and all
English is there on that unique talent - he can do that singing gimmick and make it work - there wouldn't be many people around who could do that. Having a unique gimmick always helps because it's easier to not become tired because nobody is doing the same thing as you. He's a solid worker too. I doubt Shaul comes into play when it comes to his employment. Hell rusev day is over largely on his mic work combining so well with Rusev's natural charisma, it's just a shame they don't seem to realise those guys need a mega face push.

·
Registered
879 Posts
You really think that Vince McMahon, undeniably the greatest wrestling promoter ever and arguably the greatest promoter ever period, is making creative decisions for his company based on personal relationships he had 20+ years ago? There seems to be a tendency to give credit for anything good to the talent and blame everything bad on Vince but the truth is it all comes down to Vince. Everything great, everything terrible and everything inbetween is all down to Vince McMahon. Every decision he has made, right or wrong, has been made with the intention of being best for his product and he has shown time and time again that he is willing to put personal feelings aside for the sake of the product.

Don't get me wrong I really like Bray and loved the BO-lieve gimmick but the only reason they arent in better positions on the card is because Vince doesnt see them there and has a bunch of guys he rates higher than them.

·
Premium Member
14,876 Posts
Vince just gets a kick out of making certain people - and their families - into running jokes.

The Rotunda and Rhodes families have never had anyone treated with respect - certainly not on screen. Maybe he was great pals with IRS, and sits chatting with Dustin Rhodes like old buddies for hours backstage. But on screen, even Dusty was nothing but a joke until he died.
How was IRS not treated with respect?

Better yet, what is your idea of respect?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts