Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
DELIRIUM
4,544 Posts
Closest clean loss is probably Armageddon 2003 with Triple H pinning him in that triple threat with Kane.

·
Premium Member
2,779 Posts
I typed this into Google, and here are answers from a Yahoo Q&A site.

Yes, early in his career in WCW. Before he got the push and started counting his "streak". Goldberg lost to Roddy Piper in a qualifying match for Piper's War Games team. He also lost to Sting and Chavo Guerrero Jr. in televised matches before his push started.

Yes. Once. It was at a house show against Chad Fortune in WCW in the very-beginning of his career, before he even began televised matches.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Booker T got the closest clean win.

It was a short match on Nitro. There was some interference from Earnest the Cat Miller, but Booker hit his move and got the 1,2,3.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Simple answer, no. Every loss there was some sort of interferance.

·
Premium Member
15,005 Posts
Booker T got the closest clean win.

It was a short match on Nitro. There was some interference from Earnest the Cat Miller, but Booker hit his move and got the 1,2,3.

Interference from Jeff Jarrett and The Cat, who's kick on Goldberg had a direct affect on Goldberg losing. That loss wasn't nowhere near close to clean.

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
In WCW, he never lost clean once the streak push began. Never heard that story about losing to Piper, Sting and Chavo. I honestly can't picture a guy the size of Goldberg jobbing to Chavo, even as an unknown at the time.

He lost clean in WWE to Triple H in the triple threat match at Armageddon 2003. Got choke slammed by Kane, then HHH shoved Kane out of the ring and pinned him. Pretty weak. You could argue he lost "cleanly" at Summerslam 2003 too since the Elimination Chamber match was technically no DQ, but I guess since HHH required help from people outside of the chamber to win, that one can be dismissed.

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
Nope, Goldberg never lost clean to anyone but Chad Fortune in a match which was held somewhere between June and july of 1997 at a TV taping in a dark match. Goldber wrote about this in his book. In a whole chapter dedicated to this loss which was titled: -the lost loss!

I have never seen any proof that GOldberg lost to any Piper, chavo or Sting. Where did you get that info? :)

The closest he gets to a clean loss is, as mentioned, to Booker T.

·
Premium Member
15,005 Posts
But how was the loss to Booker T closer to clean than any other Goldberg loss? Two men interfered in that match, with one of them having a direct effect on Goldberg losing.

That's about as close to clean as his loss to Steiner.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts