Wrestling Forum banner

Did Daniel Bryan fill the void left by CM Punk?

• Yes

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 60.6%
  • No, but Dolph Ziggler can.

Votes: 4 12.1%
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is like a lot of people saying Cena wouldn't be so huge if Lesnar never left.

Do you think Daniel Bryan made it to ME at last wresltemania because of CM Punk's departure?

Do you think DB has filled the void left by CM Punk?

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
How many times are you going to misspell Bryan's name. People were pissed because Bryan wasn't in the RR and the WWE were holding him back. Now Punk's departure fanned the flames a bit, but it was really about Bryan.

·
Registered
8,560 Posts
I thought the reason Bryan made the mainevent (originally) is WWE wanted Cena to have a realty good match at SS to add to his classics library, Cena got hurt, Bryan became filler for the time he was out, then fans wanted Bryan to go over the Authority and it was impossible not to pay it off... and the rest is history.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
CM Punk's departure was definitely a boon to DB's position on the card for Yestlemania 30 but it's not fair to say it's the only reason. DB had been getting more and more over at the time which is evidenced by last year's ppvs from summerslam on and the hijacked segments during that time period (when Punk was still around) so they might have had to do it anyway. As far as the match with Triple H, though, I assume Punk would have taken that one and Daniel Bryan would have been fit into the main event picture with some other angle.

·
Banned
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How many times are you going to misspell Bryan's name. People were pissed because Bryan wasn't in the RR and the WWE were holding him back. Now Punk's departure fanned the flames a bit, but it was really about Bryan.
Sometimes I spell it Bryan or Brian, does it matter? Sounds the same, who cares.

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Did Daniel Brian only make it to the Main Event because of CM Punk?

No.

Did Daniel Bryan fill the void left by CM Punk?

Yes.

·
The NEW
13,467 Posts
I think it was because of the crowd.

He got Triple H because Punk left.

And for "the void", I have always liked Bryan more than Punk, but Punk is a top-5 favorite of all-time for me too.

·
Registered
8,560 Posts
He got Triple H because Punk left.
I always hear that, but it never makes sense.

Why was Triple H/CM Punk locked in?

Remember the Batista MUST win the title because of his contract? Didn't happen.

I think had CM Punk stuck around, he'd have gotten shuffled onto Kane at WM30.

·
Banned
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Doubt it, Punk was too hot for Kane. He was vocal about a bigger match than even Triple H.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Fans were annoyed about the RR last year and it was a trigger point but I believe they would of gotten over it somewhat...then when Punk left it was the spark that set off the explosion. For my money fans had been slowly getting towards the tipping point..then punk threw them over the edge.

Did punk help get Bryan into the main event ...yes
Did bryan get bryan into the main event ...yes
punk should get credit but not all the credit

·
The NEW
13,467 Posts

I think Punk, Steph, Bryan & HHH have all confirmed that original plan for Mania was HHH vs. Punk.

·
Banned
11,717 Posts
Yeah but wasn't cause Punk left it's cause Punk started the vanilla midget revolution which is why we have guys like Bryan, Rollins, Zayn, Neville, Itami, Balor, etc on the WWE/NXT roster.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Yes, because Bryan's body was possessed by Punk, and everything that Bryan has done or achieved was actually because Punk was controlling him through possession.

Even Bryan's wedding night.

:curry2

Reactions: D2theLux

·
Registered
719 Posts
Why are people calling Punk a vanilla midget? The guy's 6 ft 2. 1, 88 m. That's a pretty tall guy, even by WWE standards. I understand "skinny fat-ass", but "vanilla midget"?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts