Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,306 Posts
1. Talented wrestler gets a push
2. Talented wrestler gets over
3. Talented wrestler is white hot and appears to be on the way to the main event
4. Talented wrestler begins putting over talentless hacks for weeks at a time

I don't get it.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Don't know why they're doing this to young CAWDY, but he's young so he'll regroup.

SN: Khali was getting it in at the end of the match, doe. That's when you know your theme is hardbody

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
Yes, and it's ironic considering that before WrestleMania Cody defeated Khali clean in a match. Cody's been jobbing every since he lost the title, so this loss was hardly surprising. Also Khali needed revenge on Cody for what Cody did to him the previous week so it made sense from a storyline point.

1. Talented wrestler gets a push
2. Talented wrestler gets over
3. Talented wrestler is white hot and appears to be on the way to the main event
4. Talented wrestler begins putting over talentless hacks for weeks at a time

I don't get it.
This sounds like Ziggler from around January time this year. He was defeating CM Punk repeated weeks, put on great promos such as his one with Mick Foley, I (at the time) really thought Ziggler might go somewhere, and now he's putting over talentless hacks (as you say) like Brodus Clay...

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
I don't get it. I just don't get it. I can understand him losing so Show can make fun of him as comeuppance, I get him losing TO Show. At least they're feuding. I may not like any of it, but I can deal with it. But why the flying fuck is he losing to a gigantic waste of space who can't even fucking move? It's retarded shit like this that keep any of the current crop from rising to stardom.

I don't get it.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
As soon as I saw Cody Rhodes working a match with Khali for a few seconds, I stopped watching. I'm a fan of Rhodes, but Khali? Umm, no.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Unfortunately,yes.
I hope this doesn't continue for too long;Hopefully Cody Rhodes either beats BigShow for the Intercontinental championship(he was actually entertaining)or wins the Money In the Bank.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
They're jobbing Rhodes out so hard recently that it's almost like it's a punishment. I can't see why else they'd do it. Losing streak angle? Bullshit. They never fucking work, especially when it's a heel losing. It makes them look like a total joke.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Instead of wasting Christian on a pointless Big Show or Sheamus feud, why not just turn Christian face and have him feud with Rhodes? It would keep both men busy and relevant as they waited their turn to progress up the card. To me, it seems like the natural direction for both men right now and would prevent both men from jobbing needlessly.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
Well, if the build-up from Elimination Chamber to Wrestlemania is any indication, Rhodes will win at Extreme Rules. Rhodes and Show apparently have a personal agreement to feud with one guy utterly dominating for the several weeks leading up to the other guy picking up the win on pay-per-view.

Well, at least I can hope this is the case. If Rhodes loses to Show this Sunday, it will be a black eye for WWE and probably the biggest dropped ball of the entire Youth Movement since it commenced. Guys have been punished for screwing up like The Miz this year, guys have been given faux big pushes into the main event which were all about supplying a babyface for the moment like Ziggler, but Rhodes has been on a very healthy, slow, steady build and losing to Show at back-to-back pay-per-views after standing as the guy in the history books who gave Show his "Wrestlemania Moment" by losing to him decisively in a one-on-one match at the biggest show of the year in Show's hometown of Miami, would completely reek of shit.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Well, if the build-up from Elimination Chamber to Wrestlemania is any indication, Rhodes will win at Extreme Rules. Rhodes and Show apparently have a personal agreement to feud with one guy utterly dominating for the several weeks leading up to the other guy picking up the win on pay-per-view.

Well, at least I can hope this is the case. If Rhodes loses to Show this Sunday, it will be a black eye for WWE and probably the biggest dropped ball of the entire Youth Movement since it commenced. Guys have been punished for screwing up like The Miz this year, guys have been given faux big pushes into the main event which were all about supplying a babyface for the moment like Ziggler, but Rhodes has been on a very healthy, slow, steady build and losing to Show at back-to-back pay-per-views after standing as the guy in the history books who gave Show his "Wrestlemania Moment" by losing to him decisively in a one-on-one match at the biggest show of the year in Show's hometown of Miami, would completely reek of shit.
Even if Rhodes did win on Sunday, which he hopefully will, I feel the damage has already been done.

Every step of the feud since Wrestlemania has made Rhodes look like a complete piece of shit and there's been no reason to it. I admit that Big Show had his Wrestlemania moment, but did he have to have been booked to be so dominant ever since. I know he's the champion, and it's good to have a dominant champ, but WWE have to realise that whenever Big Show's in a feud with someone, it's incredibly easy for him to make the heel look like complete garbage. He's feud poison. He comes out all smiles, doesn't take Rhodes as any sort of threat, then scares him off.

Equalling no interest in the title match for viewers and no interest in Rhodes. That slow steady build which Rhodes was rightfully getting has been significantly undone, or at the very least stopped for no reason. When Rhodes gets the belt back, we're pretty much back to where we were before Wrestlemania, except for Rhodes looking much worse.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
Even if Rhodes did win on Sunday, which he hopefully will, I feel the damage has already been done.

Every step of the feud since Wrestlemania has made Rhodes look like a complete piece of shit and there's been no reason to it. I admit that Big Show had his Wrestlemania moment, but did he have to have been booked to be so dominant ever since. I know he's the champion, and it's good to have a dominant champ, but WWE have to realise that whenever Big Show's in a feud with someone, it's incredibly easy for him to make the heel look like complete garbage. He's feud poison. He comes out all smiles, doesn't take Rhodes as any sort of threat, then scares him off.

Equalling no interest in the title match for viewers and no interest in Rhodes. That slow steady build which Rhodes was rightfully getting has been significantly undone, or at the very least stopped for no reason. When Rhodes gets the belt back, we're pretty much back to where we were before Wrestlemania, except for Rhodes looking much worse.
I agree that Rhodes has been hurt some by all of this. I know the odds of it are at best minimal but I'm hoping that they make their match a strap match at Extreme Rules and have Rhodes choke Show out with it. Have the ref declare the match over and Cody's standing would be given a much-needed boost following weeks of dismal losses and fleeing from Big Show.

It took CM Punk nine months and a seismic "shoot" promo followed by a babyface turn to come back from feuding with Big Show. Maybe if Cody loses on Sunday he could do the same.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
He'll be fine. He's winning MITB and they're trying to bury him so it's not completely obvious, even though it is, which I don't understand. He's the one guy they've built well for the past year, a nice, gradual, slow push, but they feel like they just have to break him down because every first time champion just HAS to be a complete loser because that's how you get guys over. :rolleyes:

Either way, he's going to the top by the end of the year.

·
Plotting time travel mission.
8,641 Posts
Well Del Rio is the next heel in line for the title and possibly Daniel Bryan may also get another chance at the title after Del Rio, so that leaves Cody in the mid-card for a longer period. The Smackdown mid-card is dominated by Big Show and Khali so those are automatic loses for Cody Rhodes, but the strange part was that Cody beat Khali clean before Wrestlemania so they might be trying to push Khali now, but I hope not.

·
Banned
679 Posts
Good! :D

If someone like drew mcintyre who actually look's like he could beat khali looses, then some scrawny kid should loose to

it's just fair

1 - 20 of 46 Posts