Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
6,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

If so, it was quite a way to go out. Started his career in the WWE throwing Austin through a cage and ending his career being thrown through a cage. :clap

Reactions: johnmangala

·
Registered
929 Posts
Doesn't seem like so. Probably hurt his ankle which is why he's limping and requires help out. Don't think he's actually going out.

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
I'm not a fan of his at all but he's went through hell and high water to put over Braun. That cage match last night was easily one of his best matches ever. Hell of a way to go out, though if he's truly retiring, I'd like to think they'd give him a moment on live television. If he isn't retired yet, he's definitely about there.

·
Registered
16,460 Posts
We all know Big Show has taken Braun under his wing, Braun has even stated it. Big Show has certainly passed the giants torch over to him.

Not sure about Big Show retiring, I expect like Mark Henry he will make continued appearances here and there, maybe in the odd match, I think he is winding down though.

·
Fearless University Graduate
17,476 Posts
That'd actually be a nice "come full circle" moment and retirement. He's better off retiring soon though, his best days are behind him and while he's earned the right to retire whenever he wants too, all he does thesedays is job. The surprisingly good matches with Braun would be a nice final memory though.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
I think he's getting surgery on his hip. I forgot where I read that though.

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,445 Posts
It might be the best time for it. I don't see him topping the Strowman matches between now and February.

·
Registered
14,605 Posts
He's 45 so if he's not retiring then retirement can't to be far off. Guy's done a lot for wrestling and is in the top 40-50 wrestlers all time.

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
Hopefully! Considering he's been phoning it in for years, his retirement can't come soon enough.
Dickish thing to say, considering that he's spent the better part of his latter years putting guys over, including making Strowman look like a million bucks on three separate occasions.

·
Registered
797 Posts
If he did, then that match was a great one to go out on. One of the best Raw matches in years.

·
Team Narcisse
7,939 Posts
I really enjoyed the cage parallel to his debut and don't think they could possibly find a more fitting way for him to go out. The match was truly enjoyable and he can go out with his head held high as we all know he didn't have to go the extra mile that he went for Braun.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I doubt it, he'll be back at some point. Because of his size and where he is in his career he can be an opponent for Braun that can put him over in a big way, which he did. If you put a smaller, weaker guy in there with Braun it doesn't enhance Brauns reputation. Put a younger, big guy in there you don't wanna damage his rep too much by being squashed by Braun. So Big Show is the perfect guy to make Braun look stronger than he already does.

·
Registered
6,187 Posts
Given the shape that he is in now it is almost as if he were a new character. I'd like to see him stick around for another two years.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts