Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know he had the tag belts with Flair at Armageddon 03 (?)... but it seems like he went from Evolution's protection, straight to main event after winning the 05 RR.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I wouldnt call it mid-card, but I liked the whole "take out Goldberg" storyline.

·
Hot Dreams!
4,098 Posts
Hard to say, he was always Evolution's Enforcer and played second fiddle up until the point where Orton's face push was perceived as a failure and they chose Dave to fill that babyface spot.

I remember him having good matches with Edge, Chris Benoit and Shawn Michaels at the time, don't remember him having any meaningful midcard feuds. he was pretty much in limbo that entire year if you discount his tag title run with Flair.

·
Banned
3,223 Posts
he was the enforcer of evolution and then went straight to main event.

·
Mamba Mentality
26,071 Posts
I liked the little feud he had with Jericho in the Summer of '04 when Batista knocked Jericho out with the clothesline. They had a decent match at Vengeance that year too. That feud ended up getting intertwined with the Jericho/Edge feud over the IC Title and they had a triple threat at SummerSlam.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
I know he had the tag belts with Flair at Armageddon 03 (?)... but it seems like he went from Evolution's protection, straight to main event after winning the 05 RR.
Hard to say, he was always Evolution's Enforcer and played second fiddle up until the point where Orton's face push was perceived as a failure and they chose Dave to fill that babyface spot.
he was the enforcer of evolution and then went straight to main event.

On a serious note, in my opinion, being a part of Evolution, and being on RAW is enough to be called a "good mid-card run", even if he never had a mid-card title.

·
Hot Dreams!
4,098 Posts
On a serious note, in my opinion, being a part of Evolution, and being on RAW is enough to be called a "good mid-card run", even if he never had a mid-card title.
Sure, but a good mid-card run and a good mid-card feud are two different things. Batista pretty much feuded with whoever Evolution as a collective unit feuded with. He didn't have any singles feud that lasted long enough for me to call ''good'' or anything along those lines. His run with Evolution was great, not taking anything away from that.

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
He had a good mini-feud with MVP on Smackdown a few years ago. Not really a feud but they had a series of matches that were pretty good and MVP even got some wins over him.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Batista hardly had any feuds at all before reaching the top, his only beef with other wrestlers on screen typically came from simply following Evolution's agenda. This is why it's so surprising to me that he was so successful once they pushed him to the top. I don't think WWE gave the fans a lot of reason to cheer for Batista at first, but they still ate up his face turn in 2005.

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
The only two that come to mind were him facing HBK in 03 and him and Jericho in 04. I wouldn't count him and GOldbeg at the end of 03 being mid card cause it was around the feud between Goldberg and HHH.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts