Wrestling Forum banner

Did anyone notice the clues about The Rock's return?

3185 Views 23 Replies 24 Participants Last post by  dangreenday
Did anyone notice any clues about The Rock's return during Raw?

The first clue was when John Cena was on the mic before his match against CM-Punk; Cena said the following "I am 'ROCK' solid that I know who the guest host for Wrestlemania is'.

During half way through the show Josh Mathews said the word "GREAT ONE" during a sentence.

And I'm also quite sure at one point Michael Cole said "you're watching Monday Night Raw, the most "ELECTRIFYING" show on cable television"
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Asuka
123,116 Posts
Alex Riley was also making a bunch of hints too with the stuff about the Rocky franchise. And then they had the electrical charges go off before he was introduced. THAT was really the "dead" give away. If you still didn't know when those sound effects were going off...

I don't blame them for dropping hints. They know how much people analyze their product and dropping hints only serves to make them more likely to stay tuned in to see who it is.

· Registered
2,032 Posts
I noticed that they tried to throw us off by claiming it was bob barker. lmao wut?

· Registered
5,028 Posts
Here are the tips I put together to find out the guest host was The Rock.

1) Vince said that the host knew all about entertaining fans at Wrestlemania.

2) On the Smackdown 500th episode, The Rock told us he was going to return to WWE and guest host and do something never done before.

And 3) The Rock was in talks with WWE.

Put all these together and you knew The Rock was the guest host of Wrestlemania but nonetheless, it was an awesome moment to see him return.

· Registered
534 Posts
I noticed right before the commercial break before the last match when the commentators said find out later tonight who the guest host would be here in "Hollywood" California (there was an emphasis on hollywood)

· Banned
4,446 Posts
Did anyone notice any clues about The Rock's return during Raw?

The first clue was when John Cena was on the mic before his match against CM-Punk; Cena said the following "I am 'ROCK' solid that I know who the guest host for Wrestlemania is'.

During half way through the show Josh Mathews said the word "GREAT ONE" during a sentence.

And I'm also quite sure at one point Michael Cole said "you're watching Monday Night Raw, the most "ELECTRIFYING" show on cable television"
Either Cole or Matthews called Miz the Great One..I think it was Cole though. I've only watched the Rock promo over and over again..don't really give a fuck what Cole has to say about anything.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.