Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now he's always been solid enough on the mic, but his promo's the last few weeks deserve some major notice.

Everyone probably doesn't love the storyline, I think they made it a little too obvious Kane was the real attacker, and Rey probably shouldn't have been involved in this one, but overall, Kane is owning his part of it.

Delivering a 5+ minute monologue to a live audience of thousands of people without a stutter is seriously hard.

Kane is proving he deserved this title run, and I'm glad to see he got it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
kane deserved this title run so much, I truly hope that he loses and then regains the title to increase his champ. count.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Weird that in 13 years or so, we've gone from him being totally mute, to him being one of the best speakers I've seen in the WWE for quite a while.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,027 Posts
Now just waiting for the accursed Inferno Match, were Kane get's his face burned off and has to go back to wearing the mask;)

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
The video editing done to his segments have added a lot. Showing the historical footage of events that have gone down between Kane and The Undertaker over the years has helped add to the story for recent WWE fans, but also has served as a great reminder for us older time fans. Without these visuals, it would be very boring and come off as rambling on the part of Kane. In feuds such as this current one between Kane and The Undertaker, that have roots dating back for over a decade, it is important to not leave out details of how the two individuals involved, got to this point.

I will be honest, the addition of the video footage from Kane's debut back in 1997 to the different times Kane and Undertaker have faced off in the past has grabbed my attention and actually given me reason to care about a storyline that otherwise, I would think is just being recycled once again. However, this is the final meeting between Kane and The Undertaker. I like how they have structured the storyline in a way that Kane has been waiting for the right time to strike after all of these years. I am assuming we will see at least 2 PPV matches between Undertaker and Kane, the first at Night of Champions and the 2nd at Hell in a Cell.

Ideally, I would book Kane going over at Night of Champions, continuing to play up The Undertaker's "weakened state". I fully expect Undertaker to go over Kane ONCE AGAIN, for the sole reason that he is The Undertaker and his character(almost) always wins - it's just how it is. It would be an interesting twist for the final chapter of Kane/Undertaker's long history, to have Kane actually going over Undertaker. I also wouldn't put it past Mark Callaway to truely want to put over Kane in their final encounter. Mark respects Glenn Jacobs a great deal, and both men have worked together so much over the years, you have got to believe Mark would want to do their final feud the right way. Like I said, I fully expect Undertaker to be going over, but I would be pleasently suprised if Kane did.

Now just waiting for the accursed Inferno Match, were Kane get's his face burned off and has to go back to wearing the mask;)
And as for this...I would LOVE Kane to bring back the mask.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Good to see so many people recognising the work he puts into the character. He's been booked a very strong Champion (amazing considering both his midcard run AND the way past Champions like Swagger and the later stages of Punk's reign were booked).

Us being the IWC we get used to taking things for granted and criticising everything, but yes, cutting a promo like that without so much as a stutter is very hard to do. Fair play to the man.

The rumours of his retirement, in hindsight, kinda' make me sad. Best enjoy the man while he's here.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Kane promo skill is extremely underrated by the members in this board, he still can delivers epic promos as proven in these past weeks of SD. Even an "epic" word is an insult to describe how amazing his promo in last SD episode was, it's way beyond epic. I love it.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
He has been really good on the mic in the recent weeks but it doesn't make up for his anemic wrestling skills.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Kane has always been a proven performer. I'm enthused about his title reign.
He certainly has improved on the mic over the years, same goes for likes of Orton and Batista.
When you look back at some old promos of certain superstars in their early years, they're not as sharp as they are
right now.
This is why in-ring abilities should be valued higher than mic skills.
Mic skills can be improved depending on the gimmick they play, in-ring abilities do not improve dramatically.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts