Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anybody notice booker t staredown michael cole after the kofi kingston shaemus match . that didnt appear to be part of the show Booker looked pissed i think he took it personal when michael cole was getting on him during the match especially about the comment about superstars "taking" the matches. Im as big of a booker t fan there is but he is sounding pretty awkard calling matches i cringe everytime i hear the phrase " HE"S GONNA DO IT" from him. I think the only way itll work is if he calls matches as KING BOOKA..What do you think?

· Registered
1,238 Posts
I don't think Booker would do anything to cause friction with Cole, even if Cole was pissing him off. Michael Cole is the voice of the WWE, and he's one of the most over heels in the company. If it came down to WWE having to choose between Cole and Booker, i'm pretty sure Booker would be out the door.

· Registered
865 Posts
i did notice that moment, he did seem legitimately pissed off, Matthews seemed very professional with how he told Booker T to leave it at that.

But Booker is not a good commentator anyway, he's got the energy but he's trying far, far, too hard to say funny/witty things and too hard in general that he ends up saying silly things every now and then. That being said, Cole does seem like he's being an asshole and highlighting everyone's mistakes and making his peers look bad (don't know if he has a problem with them or if he's just taking his heel persona too far)

· Banned
429 Posts
Did anybody notice booker t staredown michael cole after the kofi kingston shaemus match . that didnt appear to be part of the show Booker looked pissed i think he took it personal when michael cole was getting on him during the match especially about the comment about superstars "taking" the matches. Im as big of a booker t fan there is but he is sounding pretty awkard calling matches i cringe everytime i hear the phrase " HE"S GONNA DO IT" from him. I think the only way itll work is if he calls matches as KING BOOKA..What do you think?
Lol, Booker always says "He's gonna do it!" It's annoying. But yeah, It does seem as if Booker gets mad at Cole's heelish antics.

· WWE Analyzer
176 Posts
Booker should not be commentating and the rumored Mania announce team of him and Matthews will the worst announce team in Mania history. I miss Striker.
Theres nothing wrong with Matthews, hes doing a great job. Just replace Booker with Striker as you said and it'll be fine.

· Registered
2,275 Posts
Honestly, I like Booker more than Striker. I'm sorry, but I can do without the forced smark talk and obscure 90's references. I'm not saying he was bad, it just wasn't my cup of tea.

· Banned
493 Posts
Oh god, don't miss the "king Booka" thing at all, or his loud mouthed ho.
Hes not been very good commentating so far, to be fair, most wrestlers put in that spot aren't either, at least for a while.
I think CM Punk sucked when he had the slot a few weeks, although yeah, he had the moment with the diet coke thing that was amusing.
Foley was pretty good, I think hes more of a natural talker than either one of them though.
He doesn't have to try to be witty and clever, because he really is - Guys like Punk and Booker may have the gift of gab to a degree, but they feel awkward, out of their element, and it easily shows.
Too, I think that Foley wasn't all that far off from his actual character. The guy in the ring easily transitioned to the guy talking at a table, and there wasn't a whole lot of difference.
That not only make things more believable and interesting, but it takes alot of pressure off, I would imagine, not having to worry much about maintaining your character vs doing your job as an announcer the whole night.
Not so for Booker & Punk, especially Punk.
They still have their characters to maintain, and by necessity, it has to be quite different than the ring character - And not only for the minutes that they are used to, but hours at a time.
With Booker, the character issue is easier for him to overcome, since hes been out of the WWE limelight for a while ,,, But he still tries to make his old cliches the staple of his banter, and I'm not sure hes doing himself a favor doing that.
Really, can he say "Tell me, he didn't just say that ,,,!!" 5 times a night, every week, and expect to be taken seriously as a commentator ?
On the + side, at least he doesn't do the spinaroony on the announce table every week.

I'd prefer Striker to Booker.
Striker, after his own awkwardness, got into a pretty good grove, and manages to keep things interesting with his insights and calm, rational commentary.

· I recycle.
1,356 Posts
Booker just doesn't have the vocabulary, he's very simple and can't get his ideas across, like he needs to over think so he doesn't swear or something. His excitement doesn't fit, he's always on his own getting excited over nothing most of the time. He also needs to stop saying "right there" every few seconds.

· Registered
420 Posts
Booker T is not very good. At first I was excited and thought he would do well once he got a few shows under his belt. But it's been 2 monthes and he still sucks just as bad as his first day.

· Banned
1,068 Posts
Booker tries hard, but he says some awkward things - Like Matt Striker.

It's hard to hate them because of all the energy they put in.

· Registered
4,251 Posts
i love booker but smackdown is a pretty boring ass show to begin with, booka needs ppvs to really give him the energy to go all out, thats when he truly shines.

cut it out seriously with the striker talk, the guy sucked and got put in his place and thats the end of that.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.