Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nobody seems to be talking about this, but Jericho, a huge star in the WWE, with huge hype, came back and not only put over punk once, but TWICE.

Solidifying CM punk further.

Props to Jericho for this.

·
Banned
735 Posts
Jericho is a veteran but not a credible big star to elevate punk. He didnt put over punk, he jobbed to punk. There's a difference.

Punk by feuding cena and HHH managed to become bigger than Jericho even before their feud began.

I know Jericho marks are going to jump on me for saying this but it is true, sadly.

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
It was a nice gesture but I'd have no problem with Jericho beating Punk and winning the title.

I don't really care much for the "putting over" bs. It's one of the reasons I loved Rock beating Cena. I don't believe in it. Wrestling would become too predictable if all the older stars kept losing to the young guys. In a real fight, that wouldn't happen. I also didn't mind Cena beating Lesnar cause it would have been too predictable for Lesnar to put him out for months and have SuperCena come back and beat him up. I guess I'm just weird.

I do like that Punk is getting a lengthly reign. But I hope to god that comes to an end at No Way Out.

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
Yeah except it didnt do shit for Evan because Jericho has no credibility or the starpower.
Yeah. Jericho is a big star in wrestling but he hasn't got much credibility as far as win-loss records go. It's not surprising when someone like Kofi Kingston beats him. I don't know if thats a good thing or not. But Jericho is probably one of the most unselfish men in wrestling. And I applaud him for that.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Jericho is a veteran but not a credible big star to elevate punk. He didnt put over punk, he jobbed to punk. There's a difference.

Punk by feuding cena and HHH managed to become bigger than Jericho even before their feud began.

I know Jericho marks are going to jump on me for saying this but it is true, sadly.
Its all in how the individual percieves it. If jericho fans percieve it as Punk being put over, than guess what. Hes now officially over with that group of people.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Nobody seems to be talking about this, but Jericho, a huge star in the WWE, with huge hype, came back and not only put over punk once, but TWICE.

Solidifying CM punk further.

Props to Jericho for this.
yes he did, but it didn't work.

·
Banned
2,080 Posts
No it isn't. Jericho is way more relevent than Kevin Nash. All Nash and HHH did was drag the Summer of Punk storyline down.
Not true. Without COO character, punk's shoot has no purpose. HHH as the COO kept Punk as the rebel. Creative messed up big time but that doesnt mean HHH didnt try to help him.

Jericho was indeed a step down but the best available option nonetheless. Although it was highly disappointing that a feud between these two talented individuals wasnt even half as good.

·
Registered
326 Posts
It was a nice gesture but I'd have no problem with Jericho beating Punk and winning the title.

I don't really care much for the "putting over" bs. It's one of the reasons I loved Rock beating Cena. I don't believe in it. Wrestling would become too predictable if all the older stars kept losing to the young guys. In a real fight, that wouldn't happen. I also didn't mind Cena beating Lesnar cause it would have been too predictable for Lesnar to put him out for months and have SuperCena come back and beat him up. I guess I'm just weird.

I do like that Punk is getting a lengthly reign. But I hope to god that comes to an end at No Way Out.
THIS. THIS. THIS. People need to stop acting like they write the shows and just watch and enjoy..

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
It's too bad that Punk has been pushed to the background now so it didn't really feel as important as it should have. Even after The Rock and Lesnar are off TV they're going to focus more on Laurinitis vs. Cena than CM Punk.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Well considering Chris Jericho has lost to CM Punk at the last two PPV's straight and cleanly and done very little else since his return it is hard not too have noticed Chris Jericho seems to have simply come back so far to help further solidify CM Punk but i do believe after he has done his tour with Fozzy he has something big for him to come. I can't imagine Chris Jericho would have agreed to simply come back just to lose at consecutive PPV's and do little else other than wear a very odd lighty jacket so i think Chris Jericho has something big lined up like a proper WWE title reign and major WrestleMania 29 role.

·
Banned
7,681 Posts
It's not really did anything for Punk. Yes he got 2 clean wins over Chris Jericho. But Jericho isn't/shouldn't be taken serious. The amount of jobs he does to other talent, he was never going to make CM Punk a bigger star.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
Well considering Chris Jericho has lost to CM Punk at the last two PPV's straight and cleanly and done very little else since his return it is hard not too have noticed Chris Jericho seems to have simply come back so far to help further solidify CM Punk but i do believe after he has done his tour with Fozzy he has something big for him to come. I can't imagine Chris Jericho would have agreed to simply come back just to lose at consecutive PPV's and do little else other than wear a very odd lighty jacket so i think Chris Jericho has something big lined up like a proper WWE title reign and major WrestleMania 29 role.
Or he just came for the money.

·
Its Yer'sel
6,148 Posts
Jericho has nothing to prove, he arrived in the E, became Undisputed Champ, had fueds with Chyna/Steph etc did great. Left came back, changed character arc to major bully/heel and was better than ever, culminating in HBK match stealer at WM.

This time around he had nothing to prove, is at a point where he could come back, have fun, do what he liked. He didn't need to set the E on fire, change the game, prove this, that or the other. He played the troll card superbly to be a heel off the bat, a crowd fav. was always gonna be a face coming back after that long, he managed to piss off the fans at the arena and the IWC without saying anything.

Hey Chris, you're not touring till June wanna come back, have a laugh and work with WWE Champ Punk for a few months? Sure!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts