Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Lockdown hit theaters nationwide, and I'm wondering who went?

I've always wanted to see wrestling on a movie screen, since I'm a fan, and I'd never experienced it before. Today I got my wish, by driving four hours (round trip total) to Corvalis, Oregon. I'd never been to Corvallis before, and feared the theater may not be great since it was in such a tiny town. I got very suspicious when I had to drive 10 miles off the freeway just to get to the town.

Long story short, I skip the pre show, get to the ticket counter at 5:02, and the woman says she can't sell me a ticket because they stop selling them after 30 minutes (the preshow started at 4:30). She says I can't get in at all, since it was specially priced and it was too late. I have a mini bitch fit about how I drove so freaking far, and a manager later, I'm able to buy a ticket to American Reunion and just go to Lockdown. So now, I don't get the free t shirt (that looks pretty cool!) and I don't support TNA (with $) at all.

Well, I get in and theres a grand total of 7 people, split between 3 groups. I got my own row and used 4 arm rests.

The sound seemed pretty low, and finally for the main event, it got really loud, which would have been nice the whole time. The screen kind of froze for a few secs sometimes too, must notably when it skipped Robert Rhoodes signature spine buster.

The theater sucked, I talked to them on the phone the day before and checked their website, and it never said any thing about an insane "30 minute rule". Half the fun was going to be getting the t shirt and now that's impossible.

TNA on the big screen was awesome though. Instead on complaining about a lot of stuff on the card, and leaving out the good, I'll do the opposite. Ric Flair was gold on the mic, so cool to see him 2 weeks ago all face and classy for the HOF, then running everybody down tonite. Angle vs Hardy was really good, Angle always brings his A game to PPVs. Rhoode vs Storm was incredible, a lot of excitement in that one, and I'm so glad 2 homegrowns main evented. 20 foot Gail Kim and Sarita was freaking awesome too.

So anybody have stories from Lockdown to share?

·
Registered
146 Posts
There 20 people in my theater. But they were kind of quiet. My theater also had skips at times. Especially during the Roode match and got out of sync. For people who payed for the PPV at home did this happen at all? Other than the small tech glitches it was alot of fun. And cheaper.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I cant imagine TNA are making much money from doing these, seems kind of strange.

Sorry to hear about your problems, the PPV stream for TV was fine, must have just been in your theatres with the problems.

However, with the crap crowd last night, I wouldn't worry about the low sound....you wouldn't have been able to tell the difference....

·
Premium Member
44,440 Posts
There were no theaters around my area that carried it, so I couldn't go. Sorry to hear you got fucked with at the theater.

·
Banned
380 Posts
I was kind of pissed that only one AMC theater had it and I had to drive just over an hour to go and see it but beyond that my theater showing was perfect.

There was about 30 or 40 people watching and the Ric Flair/Hogan segment got a ton of cheers. The Gail Kim ass crack scene from when she took the power bomb from Sky also got a huge pop.

For some reason when Roode won the whole theater cheered like a mother fucker. Garrett pinning his dad Eric also got a huge pop. The cage match with TMCMG also got a nice pop.

I had a great time over all and in addition also paid for the PPV at home so I could watch it again. With that said the crowd seemed very dead throughout most of the show which was a shame because the PPV was great from a wrestling stand point. The stories told in the ring where also pretty damn good imo.

I also laughed my ass off at Garett getting a big pop to kick the PPV off. LOL at the lets go Garett chants

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
Your theater had problems too? The lagging during the main event was unbearable and really took away from it

·
Registered
222 Posts
Me and a few female friends of mine decided to go and it was pretty awesome. The audience of about 40 people started chanting "This crowd sucks" and essentially were being smart-asses throughout Lockdown. It was entertaining.

·
Registered
146 Posts
It cost #14.95 per person to see it in the theater. The lag was only bad during the main event. It did ruin it for someone in my theater. He got up to complain. My crowd was not as rowdy as you guys. Just some laughs here and there.

I saw BFG at a theater in Greensboro last year and glitches were only small and minor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts