Wrestling Forum banner

Dibiase drafted to Smackdown?

2370 Views 22 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  NoGimmicksNeeded
Ted DiBiase made his first television appearance since February 24 on Friday's episode of SmackDown, losing to Rey Mysterio in a quick match. He was not the only Raw Superstar to compete on the show as Sheamus beat Intercontinental Champion Kofi Kingston in a Non-Title Match earlier in the broadcast.

It's interesting to note that a SmackDown name plate was displayed during DiBiase's ring entrance, whereas a Raw name plate was displayed when Sheamus made his entrance.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
1,065 Posts
They must have stuck another firing storyline in again. Dammit.

· Banned
4,476 Posts
After Lawler knocked him the fuck out, he fled to Smackdown.

Reactions: Ham and Egger

· There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,895 Posts
They must have stuck another firing storyline in again. Dammit.
Hahaha, yeah, if we don't get one of those for 12 straight months I won't complain.

If anything, moving to Smackdown may actually harm DiBiase more if he doesn't turn face in the near future. Smackdown's midcard remains awfully heel-heavy, and quite truthfully all of their notable heels are considerably superior to this incarnation of DiBiase. He's not really gonna go anywhere so long as he remains this misconceived Fortunate Son, no pun intended.

19,895 Posts
^^^^

That IC belt should really be Cody's by early summer.

Unless they hotshot the title onto him, which would be a mistake, Ted ought to be a long ways off from a midcard title reign. He's just not sufficiently built, over or part of any engaging angle. It's sad that guys like Del Rio and Barrett who haven't been on non-NXT WWE TV for a full year in either case are above a midcard championship while DiBiase, in an age when nearly any midcard flavor of the month gets a taste of world championship gold, doesn't feel like he belongs in the actual midcard as of now.

· Registered
205 Posts
I won't believe it until WWE announces it, but I think it would be a good move. DiBiase has lost a whole lot of steam and it's pretty disappointing to see someone who everyone expected to be a major star in WWE get such terrible treatment. And I don't really understand why he's been getting this kind of treatment. I say detach him from Maryse and give him a fresh start on SD. He definitely needs it.

· Registered
5,130 Posts
Well, if Ted gets moved to SD via the draft, i hope they will actually do something with him and try to resurrect with career, but i won't get my hopes up this time. I was expecting the same when MVP got drafted to SD last year but look what happened, hopefully Ted wouldn't end up like him.

It's gonna be interesting to see both Ted DiBiase and Drew McIntyre in the same roster because both are pretty directionless at the moment, maybe they should start tag teaming together and give them something relevant to do by feuding with Big Show and Kane for the tag titles, or just turn them both babyfaces and feud with The Corre, perhaps that would drag The Corre down a bit and kills their momentum because they've just destroyed and dominated two behemoths (Kane and Show) but personally i think that would be very cool to see Drew and Ted joining forces against The Corre so i won't mind it if it happens. :p

· These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
15,304 Posts
^^^^

That IC belt should really be Cody's by early summer.

Unless they hotshot the title onto him, which would be a mistake, Ted ought to be a long ways off from a midcard title reign. He's just not sufficiently built, over or part of any engaging angle. It's sad that guys like Del Rio and Barrett who haven't been on non-NXT WWE TV for a full year in either case are above a midcard championship while DiBiase, in an age when nearly any midcard flavor of the month gets a taste of world championship gold, doesn't feel like he belongs in the actual midcard as of now.
With the way Kofi is being booked, it wouldn't surprise me. I honestly think they are going to release him.

19,895 Posts
With the way Kofi is being booked, it wouldn't surprise me. I honestly think they are going to release him.
What makes you think they are going to release Kofi?

· Registered
5,361 Posts
Good move for Ted if this is indeed true. SD is generally the show that features more wrestling and that's the only thing he has going so maybe he'll get a chance to shine. It will be a shame if he gets bumped up the card while more talented heels like McIntyre, Hawkins, and Reks are still floundering though.

· Banned
9,640 Posts
Out of all the second/third generation wrestlers I like DiBiase the best which isn't a tough pick for me to do. Now I don't wanna go as far to say I wanna see him get a Wrestlemania tag match with Rhodes vs. Mysterio and Sin Cara or something like that but I think DiBiase can slowly get built up into one of the top stars in WWE over the next year rather then being released like some people were thining a few months ago. If DiBiase can become more over and important to even the fans that don't see much in him and sway them then I think it would be better for WWE's whole entire product because then you've got another main event/upper mid card type of name people wanna see on top of all the other "youth movement" new talent WWE is running with right now.

I think a good idea from a guest booker standpoint coming from me would be to have Ted DiBiase and Johnny Curtis two guys that are great talents but don't really have the right charisma to get over and give them a story line that isn't just wrestling matches but maybe something to do with a hot current event or something slightly edgy that will get them a reaction every time they go out and raise the star power of two guys that have all the talent in the world but are in limbo and not moving up any time soon.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.