Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

So NXT aired a vignette tonight with a pretty heavy MMA vibe. At the end of the video you see the logo in the Tweet.

What do you think this is for? I see a lot of people on social media guessing Tessa Blanchard simply because of the diamond logo but the MMA vibe doesn't feel like Tessa at all.

My guess is that it's for some new tag team/stable or has something to do with the rumored NXT Evolve brand.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I mean, other than the diamond, I don't see what this has to do with Tessa. Since when is she an MMA fighter?! What sense would it make to give her such gimmick?

·
Baby It's Violence
8,134 Posts
I bet it's Marina Shafir in a re-debut. She appeared last in the dusty tag classic they had for the women, and it makes sense with the MMA deal. Plus, Duke is working full time backstage doing digital content for WWE and UpUpDownDown, so she won't be with her anymore, and Shayna is busy on the main roster. Maybe she's been training all this time.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Maybe this is the nxt evolve program. Otherwise it's an MMA stable but are there any MMA wrestlers in developmental.

If they just throw the likes of Steiner Jnr and other beefed up but non MMA background wrestlers together it will rightly get laughed out of town and ridiculed.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
19,524 Posts
I bet it's Marina Shafir in a re-debut. She appeared last in the dusty tag classic they had for the women, and it makes sense with the MMA deal. Plus, Duke is working full time backstage doing digital content for WWE and UpUpDownDown, so she won't be with her anymore, and Shayna is busy on the main roster. Maybe she's been training all this time.
Oh god please no, Marina is terrible, she looks lost and awkward evertime she attempts to wrestle. That girl needs at least 2 or 3 years of basic training before being put back on tv.

·
Springboard diving into greatness
Le catch.
1,351 Posts
I second that, she has been looking great lately due to training and diet ( I guess) so her redebut seems very likely

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have absolutely no idea what this could be but I am intrigued. NXT has a lot of talent to bring onto tv, so it could legitimately be anyone.

·
Registered
27,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It’s a group name

Is it too early for brock lookalike and Steiner son to debut?
Parker only started training 3 months ago and I doubt Rechsteiner had that much training beforehand either. Way too early for them.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Can see this being an MMA & amateur wrestling style faction. AEW have recently done Nightmare Factory of Cody's training school so wouldn't surprise me if this is similar but with Parker, Ricksteiner and a couple of others.

·
Registered
655 Posts
How can Steiner possibly be ready for TV? He's been in developmental for a month. Did he have any training prior?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Hmmm I'm thinking it's some kinda MMA/Boxing faction or maybe something NXT is bringing like remember Brawl For An All or the recently Raw Underground?? Could be something like that but I hope it's a faction cause right now there's no Undisputed ERA, just Imperium, The Way, Legado Del Fantasma, Tian Sha, also looks like Swerve Scott gotta new stable as well so NXT do need another faction to up the ante on that brand. Now idk if it's gonna be all men, women or both so we'll see.

·
Registered
27,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How can Steiner possibly be ready for TV? He's been in developmental for a month. Did he have any training prior?
He had one match at a small indy show before signing with WWE. I imagine he didn't have much prior training. From his look alone he looks he has a bright future but I would guess it's a year or longer before we see him in the ring.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts