Wrestling Forum banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
At first I thought "when the WWE have made up their minds about you, you're screwed". But Drew Galloway/McIntyre proves that they can accept guys back and see them in a different light if they reinvent themselves.

Cody has grown leaps and bounds since leaving the WWE. He's a better wrestler, he's more confident and has become one of the best talkers in the business. If they would hire him for big money and agreed to push him, there is no doubt that he would explode. Mainly because when WWE push someone they are more competent the way they go about it. And there would be no middle ground. They would go full heel with him and he would reach the stratosphere easily.

I still maintain that the AEW guys having too much power to the way they book themselves. Sometime you need a "daddy" to say no this doesn't work. And do what you're told. If the circomstances were that they would decide to push Cody, there would be no bullshit. Because Cody can be a huge detriment to himself. The guy start storylines out of thin air and a week later it's over and out. Also he keeps resisting turning. In the WWE they would say "you are that, you do that" and that's it. That would help him a whole lot.

·
Registered
7,929 Posts
Grown up Cody vs. Orton would be a money feud for WWE. Cody presents himself like a main eventer but needs a filter of the self-indulgent bullshit. His Bullet Club run and year one AEW run showed a charismatic main event talent (for the current era at least where there are fewer big stars) who ticks all the boxes. Cody is great when he focuses on being great and not gimmicky feuds or overbooking. The Dustin match was a North American style wrestling masterpiece. The 'god damn undeniable' promo one of the best in recent years.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Cody and Brandi as heel power couple are gold. Only would work if she was made RAW GM and gave him all the opportunities ahead of more deserving babyfaces. Other than that it's a dud act

·
Registered
Resident Centrist
8,040 Posts
If Cody Rhodes ever came back to WWE I'd put him back in the Stardust gimmick and get jobbed out every week on RAW.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Cody Rhodes in WWE was just jobber in underwear coming out to that "whoooooa smokin mirrors🤪" theme, thats not monster money at all! 😂😂

Fuck Cody Rhodes.

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Unless its massive money I dont know why any AEW star would want to go to AEW besides wanting to do Mania as a bucket list thing. Harsh workplace and no creative satisfaction. WWE have done a fantastic job in the last two years of making themselves look like a bad place to work.

·
Registered
636 Posts
The guy was a mid card act in wwe and a mid card act again in aew. AEW has proven that sometimes it's not the booking or the lack of opportunities that keeps guys in the mid card, it's just their level of talent.

·
Registered
13,775 Posts
Cody proved Vince and the fed wrong progressing from mid card to FOTC.

He could do anything in WWE if Vince had an open mind.

DDP is spot on

Anyone can do anything In any promotion if they can book themselves. That's why he remotely is where he is in aew.

·
Sassy Southern
Bless Your Heart
6,383 Posts
I am not fully in agreement with DDP on this. Cody would have potential to be of significance in WWE but I don't know about "monster money".

Even if someone has control over how they are used and are booked at the top, it doesn't automatically mean that they will be successful. Plenty of people have been booked at the top of wrestling companies and...crickets from the crowd. Love or hate Cody but people care to talk about him. He does still have fans that love him in AEW and aren't tired of him.

Also, most of the wrestlers outside of WWE now would be in the midcard in WWE. Nick Aldis, Kenny Omega, MJF, Darby, etc.,Why that is talked as being a bad thing I don't know. AJ Styles has been at the top AND midcard in WWE and he has done great for himself.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts