Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
The House of Black Always Wins.
18,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Diamond Dallas Page has quite a few names in AEW that he knows personally. This doesn't just include the veterans and big names but also some of the rising stars in the company. When asked to pick three AEW stars that he would sign if he was a talent scout for WWE, Diamond Dallas Page chose MJF, Cody Rhodes and Britt Baker.

At some point in the future, there could be "bidding" wars for certain AEW superstars. Wardlow is one such example, as recent reports indicate that WWE sees big potential in the 33-year-old.

However, Wardlow wasn't one of Diamond Dallas Page's picks. On the latest episode of The Bro Show, the Hall of Famer selected MJF as his first pick and explained why:

"My top pick, no matter what, is MJF, because he's been my boy all the way through, I just watched that promo again with him and [CM] Punk, the 19-minute promo, on both sides - Punk and him, it was money. MJF is one of the only true heels in the business."
Page then went on to take AEW Women's Champion Britt Baker and former WWE star Cody Rhodes, who he believes would now be "monster money" with the professional wrestling juggernaut:

"My number two pick would be Britt Baker because that girl is over. And she works her a** off, and when she did the whole bloodbath deal, she took it to a different level. The [third] guy I bring in is Cody Rhodes, who can talk as good or better than anybody in the business and I think he would be monster money there now. He proved what he had to prove. He did it in a big way, and it would be brilliant of them to sign MJF, Britt [Baker], and him. "
MJF was the pick Vince Russo and Diamond Dallas Page had in common, with Russo choosing MJF, Wardlow, and Darby Allin as potential big stars in WWE."

You agree with DDP here? If Cody were to sign, WWE would bury him with the intensity of a thousand suns.

·
Registered
Galaleroy
1,799 Posts
Cody is in a tough spot. WWE probably wouldn't treat him how he views himself, and the AEW fanbase is sick of him. I think corny has the right idea. He may just need to go away for a while

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
I'm not quite sure I'd agree on Cody being worth monster money in WWE. He's far better than he was, but he's not of huge value to them.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Cody losing his corporate status would kill a lot of his heat in WWE. I think he'd be really successful there but not monster money. He'd certainly be less over.

·
Registered
10,447 Posts
Vince won't push a Rhodes as a mainevent caliber star.. isn't that why he left in the first place? We all can pretend like that's not the case but IC/US title is his ceiling in WWE.

MJF will be Miz light there.

Britt will probably be a star there. Unless WWE acts petty and destroy her just because it's not their creation. Which is highly likely.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Cody Rhodes is not 33 nor would make 'monster money'
The age is referring to Wardlow.

Cody said he's retiring from the ring at around 40 so there may be a short WWE run in there. He's evolved from the skinny kid who didn't wear knee pads that Vince probably never got past - and looking at WWE's roster, apart from Roman, who've they got under 40 who's a bigger deal than Cody ?

I don't think there's monster money to be made but an accomplished all rounder, despite having more misses that hits with his booking this last year, like Cody would thrive in WWE.

·
Registered
634 Posts
2/3 ain't bad DDP. We saw Cody draw $0 and 0 cents for 12 years. He doesn't need to come back to do the same shit.
we seen plenty of wrestlers draw $0 over the years because of bad booking, Taz debut at the garden back in 2000 to a monstrous pop but because he wasn’t a wwe guy and wwe made his push was killed, Mean Mark Calloway didn’t draw shit in WCW until he became the Undertaker in WWF, I doubt MJF and Britt draw in WWE as they wouldn’t be allowed to work their gimmick and would get repackaged, and sent to developmental obscurity. Im not a big Cody fan btw but he would be the only one of those three despite being the least talented that might work in WWE.

·
Registered
13,994 Posts
The age is referring to Wardlow.

Cody said he's retiring from the ring at around 40 so there may be a short WWE run in there.
Nobody retires from this business at 40 unless
A. Injury forces you
B. Hollywood offers you more money

This is why I loled at anyone believing Styles was on his last contract. Cody and Styles will still in the business at 50+

He's evolved from the skinny kid who didn't wear knee pads that Vince probably never got past - and looking at WWE's roster, apart from Roman, who've they got under 40 who's a bigger deal than Cody ?
Rollins, Lynch, Sasha, Becky all are for sure. Bliss maybe too

Wyatt and Strowman if they returned would definitely get stronger booking too.

Under 40 does not really matter though because he isn't going to be pushed ahead of Orton, Lesnar, Cena (when he returns), Lashley etc

·
Registered
186 Posts
Vince won't push a Rhodes as a mainevent caliber star.. isn't that why he left in the first place? We all can pretend like that's not the case but IC/US title is his ceiling in WWE.

MJF will be Miz light there.

Britt will probably be a star there. Unless WWE acts petty and destroy her just because it's not their creation. Which is highly likely.
No company will push Rhodes has a main events.
MJF would be a multiple time champion be in movies main event WM. Have his own tv show that’s terrible for his career.
Britt would not be over any of the 4 horse woman Bliss or Est. She would be on evans Ripley Namoi level

1 - 20 of 63 Posts