Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was always wondering if there were any diabetic wrestlers in the WWE, if so, how do they manage their sugar counts and know when their sugar drops low during a match.

the reason i am asking because my Girlfriend is Type 1 diabetic, and her sugars are wacked out, sometimes real high or real low.

how would a WWE performer manage to check their levels in the middle of a match?

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,207 Posts
Hell, if Bobby Clark could win Stanley Cups as a diabetic, I'm sure a diabetic could work a match.

And when you think about it, many people are diabetic or on there way to it, they just don't realize it.

Back in the day it seemed every other wrestler was a big guy, 250+ pounds, and not this gear-and-HGH-and-whatever-else chiseled look. Fat!

·
Best In The World
4,752 Posts
im type 1 diabetic aswell

ive checked up to see if any wrestlers were diabetic and only one i found was giant gonzales

·
Registered
782 Posts
I think it could be cool if a diabetic WWe star would speak out on research and what not...like a spokesman.

I think Jamal/Umaga was diabetic...I can't remember if they mentioned that during his death or not.

·
Wrestling is better while drinking
1,893 Posts
I think the bigger issue could be in a blading era and the tendency of a diabetic not to heal as quickly. Depending on the severity of the condition it could be very manageable. Very seldom is one person's diabetes the exact same as someone else's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts