Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this was a great match, one of the best matches in weeks, say what you will about their lack of personality but these young kids definitely can go in the ring. WWE should ship one/both of them to Smackdown where the wrestling matches are given enough time. Maybe they should give Smith a character similar to Finlay's, a man who loves to fight and does whatever it takes to win, but this time without the shillelagh. :p

·
Registered
379 Posts
I too thought it was a great match, they both portrayed their characters perfectly as well. Kidd came off as very smug and cocky while Smith obviously still had hope of getting the team back together.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I think this was a great match, one of the best matches in weeks, say what you will about their lack of personality but these young kids definitely can go in the ring. WWE should ship one/both of them to Smackdown where the wrestling matches are given enough time. Maybe they should give Smith a character similar to Finlay's, a man who loves to fight and does whatever it takes to win, but this time without the shillelagh. :p
I liked the match too, but honestly, I would keep them on Superstars for the time being. I don't think Superstars should be thought of as meaningless, or "jobberville." I enjoy the show and I think it gives guys like Kidd, Smith, Hawkins, and Berreta a chance to have a significant storyline without having to worry about competing with the bigger stars for air time. I'd be perfectly happy to see them continue these angles (Kidd/Smith & Hawkins/Barreta) on Superstars over the coming weeks. I know I'll be tuning in.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
Superstars is blowing Smackdown away right now as a wrestling show, much like it did Raw for much of 2009. Really digging Superstars right now for all of the reasons Chris32482. The Kidd/Smith and Hawkins/Barreta storylines alone are fun to watch, as well as the development of the personnel involved. Tyler Reks has demonstrated why he shouldn't be dismissed out of hand, too. And there's usualy quality undercard workers like Primo, Yoshi Tatsu, Chris Masters, the 2010 version, Goldust, the 2009-2010 version and others. This last Superstars was a real highlight of recent WWE programming.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Aside from the two longer matches on this weeks Superstars, we got a William Regal match. That alone is worth watching for. Punk's commentary on it's pretty funny too.

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
Glad to see that they finally split these two up. Smith is ok, and has potential still. Tyson is in the same boat as Smith, but I don't think either will be main event ever. Smith more likely out of the two just based on size, and name alone. Want to see Kidd feud with Kaval, and I want to see Smith tag up with Drew McIntyre.

·
Registered
856 Posts
When Smith first came to the WWE I had such high hopes for him. Since his debut he has been an emotionless robot in the ring and seemed to have no charisma. This match is the calibur I expected of Smith from the first time I saw him in a WWE ring, and I hope he can continue to impress with these types of matches. When I say that I'm not trying to take anything away from Kidd. He contributed his half to this match as well, but I think that was expected. Can't wait for more matches between the two.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I was wrong, i thought they'd have their one and only match on RAW.
The longer they're on Superstars the better.

·
Banned
4,921 Posts
It was pretty good. It's a shame they didn't build the team up more before the split, it would've had much more impact.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
It's too bad they botched the HD breakup so horrendously no one could really care if they were wrestling at all, much less having good matches.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
I agree, how many unover midcarders with no personality get a standing ovation after a match? It was a great mainevent-style match, never seen them work a match like this before, even as singles. Tyson Kidd is one of the best in-ring competitors in the WWE to me, I love how he is both good at high-flying and technical wrestling aswell as a good in-ring psychologist, he reminds me of Christopher Daniels quite a bit. DH Smith was also good in that match, it's a same that Superstars is the least popular mainstream wrestling show (even less viewers than Reaction I think) considering it has the best wrestling of all mainstream shows easily.

·
Banned
2,954 Posts
didn't like DH Smith dominating 80% of the match but a solid match, yeah

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
PYRO...You probably don't like either of these 2, but if you had to look at the wrestling aspect of the match, what would be your opinion?(Yeah i know PYRO watches for personality, but at least PYRO once admitted that jomo could have a good match and gave jomo at least some credit even though he really dislikes Jomo)

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Kidd is always awesome.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
PYRO...You probably don't like either of these 2, but if you had to look at the wrestling aspect of the match, what would be your opinion?(Yeah i know PYRO watches for personality, but at least PYRO once admitted that jomo could have a good match and gave jomo at least some credit even though he really dislikes Jomo)
I think his lack of posting in this thread shows how much he cares.

·
KILL BECKY KILL
3,192 Posts
Both of them are stellar in the ring, particularly Kidd. That guy is really versatile.

Hopefully both of them hang around. Could see Kidd getting a US title shot at some point. Imagine him vs Danielson on PPV!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts