Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Functioning Psycho
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Figured I'd go ahead and do another one of these threads seeing as we already have three potential main events announced. Dragon Gate USA is ending it's year in the northeast, with huge dates in Massachusetts, Pennsylvania and New York. As of yet, there is no news as to which, if any, of these events will be on WWN Live iPPV. Here is the previous DGUSA event thread.

REVOLT! (iPPV)
November 11th, 2011 - Bell Time: 8:00 PM
Wonderland Ballroom ~ Revere, MA

Non-Title, No Ropes, No DQ: YAMATO vs. BxB Hulk
High-Flyer's FRAY!: Sabu vs. PAC vs. Ricochet vs. Rich Swann vs. AR Fox vs. Uhaa Nation
JIII vs. BW: Masato Yoshino vs. Akira Tozawa
Ronin vs. BW: Chuck Taylor & Johnny Gargano vs. CIMA & Brodie Lee
Special Challenge Match: Jon Davis vs. Sami Callihan
Special Tag Match: Arik Cannon & Pinkie Sanchez vs. Scott Reed & Caleb Konley
---------------------​

Bushido 2011: Code of the Warrior (iPPV)
November 12th, 2011 - Bell Time: 5:30 PM
The Asylum Arena ~ Philadelphia, PA

Open the Freedom Gate: YAMATO© vs. Chuck Taylor
Open the United Gate: CIMA & Ricochet© vs. Arik Cannon & Sami Callihan
DGUSA vs. Dragon Gate #4: Johnny Gargano vs. BxB Hulk
DGUSA vs. Dragon Gate #3: Rich Swann vs. Akira Tozawa
South Philly Street Fight: Sabu vs. Pinkie Sanchez
DGUSA vs. Dragon Gate #2: AR Fox vs. Masato Yoshino
DGUSA vs. Dragon Gate #1: Brodie Lee vs. PAC

- Jon Davis
- Uhaa Nation

----------------------​

Freedom Fight 2011 (iPPV)
November 13th, 2011 - Bell Time: 8:00 PM
BB King Blues Club & Grill ~ Manhattan, NY

Possible Freedom Gate Match: YAMATO© vs. Johnny Gargano
Final Singles Fight: PAC vs. Ricochet
Bonus Main Event: CIMA vs. Masato Yoshino
Extreme Warfare: Sabu, AR Fox & Jon Davis vs. Sami Callihan, Arik Cannon & Pinkie Sanchez
Grudge Tag Match: Chuck Taylor & Rich Swann vs. Akira Tozawa & BxB Hulk
Singles Match: Brodie Lee vs. BJ Whitmer

- Uhaa Nation
- Scott Reed
- Caleb Konley

~ More To Be Announced!

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Re: DGUSA's Year-Ending Weekend: 11/11 in Revere, 11/12 in Philly & 11/13 in Manhatta

To anyone who frequently watches Dragon Gate. Why is the YAMATO vs. BxB Hulk match a no ropes match?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Re: DGUSA's Year-Ending Weekend: 11/11 in Revere, 11/12 in Philly & 11/13 in Manhatta

I have no clue why, is the first DGUSA match of Hulk since lost the Open The Freedom Gate title, maybe a Grudge Match i think WillTheBloody can explain you better than me.

I think this may be the Gargano chance of become Champion they are build this match in the previous shows.

·
Masonic!
1,547 Posts

I'd understand BxB Hulk & Shingo having a no ropes match.....

Wait, a no ropes match? What the hell?

·
Functioning Psycho
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

To anyone who frequently watches Dragon Gate. Why is the YAMATO vs. BxB Hulk match a no ropes match?
YAMATO defeated Blood WARRIORS captain CIMA to retain the Freedom Gate on September 10th in Chicago. Afterwards, CIMA said that former champion BxB Hulk would be making his DGUSA return in November and that he wanted revenge against YAMA for taking his belt. Back when he was champion, Hulk was a cheery guy who loved fans and even danced upon entering. He has since turned heel and joined the Blood WARRIORS, transforming into an arrogant, wine-swigging maniac. On behalf of Hulk, CIMA challenged YAMA to a No Ropes, No DQ Match. YAMATO agreed but would not put the title on the line.

That's the DGUSA storyline reason. Here's a bit more to explain why that match in particular is important:

Hulk and YAMATO have a longstanding hatred of one another stemming from their days in New Hazard. Fed up with Hulk and his perceived weakness, YAMATO, Shingo Takagi and Cyber Kong all turned on their stablemate, ejecting him from the group to form Real Hazard with the remnants of the Muscle Outlawz. While Hulk vs. Shingo is a rivalry of former friends and tag partners, YAMATO vs. Hulk is one built on them NEVER really seeing eye to eye. Now, YAMATO is also known for his prowess in No Ropes matches, having defeated Shingo Takagi and Takuya Sugawara in such contests. Only two days ago, YAMATO suffered his first ever No Ropes loss: to Akira Tozawa in the Korakuen Hall. Now Tozawa's favorite new tag partner Hulk, the first ever Freedom Gate champion, will try and add another loss to YAMA's record.

·
Registered
13,042 Posts

Like Taylor, but I think Gargano's going to win the Freedom Gate in NYC to end the year. Wonder what that will do to Ronin with Taylor's potential jealousy and Swann's dual faction membership.

·
Premium Member
4,185 Posts

YAMATO defeated Blood WARRIORS captain CIMA to retain the Freedom Gate on September 10th in Chicago. Afterwards, CIMA said that former champion BxB Hulk would be making his DGUSA return in November and that he wanted revenge against YAMA for taking his belt. Back when he was champion, Hulk was a cheery guy who loved fans and even danced upon entering. He has since turned heel and joined the Blood WARRIORS, transforming into an arrogant, wine-swigging maniac. On behalf of Hulk, CIMA challenged YAMA to a No Ropes, No DQ Match. YAMATO agreed but would not put the title on the line.

That's the DGUSA storyline reason. Here's a bit more to explain why that match in particular is important:

Hulk and YAMATO have a longstanding hatred of one another stemming from their days in New Hazard. Fed up with Hulk and his perceived weakness, YAMATO, Shingo Takagi and Cyber Kong all turned on their stablemate, ejecting him from the group to form Real Hazard with the remnants of the Muscle Outlawz. While Hulk vs. Shingo is a rivalry of former friends and tag partners, YAMATO vs. Hulk is one built on them NEVER really seeing eye to eye. Now, YAMATO is also known for his prowess in No Ropes matches, having defeated Shingo Takagi and Takuya Sugawara in such contests. Only two days ago, YAMATO suffered his first ever No Ropes loss: to Akira Tozawa in the Korakuen Hall. Now Tozawa's favorite new tag partner Hulk, the first ever Freedom Gate champion, will try and add another loss to YAMA's record.
That doesn't really explain why you would bother to have a No Ropes Match.

·
Functioning Psycho
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

That doesn't really explain why you would bother to have a No Ropes Match.
It's a specialty match of YAMATO's. At the time of the challenge, he'd never lost one. Hulk wants to gain revenge from his title loss by beating YAMA at his own game. It's really that simple.

·
Functioning Psycho
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

New matches and notes:

- DGUSA is very proud of our homegrown talent roster. That roster will be put to the test on November 12th in Philadelphia. The theme of that night will be DGUSA homegrown talent vs. Dragon Gate veterans. This is already proven in the main event when Chuck Taylor challenges for the Freedom Gate against YAMATO. Now another title bout has been added using this theme: Sami Callihan & Arik Cannon of D.U.F. will challenge CIMA & Ricochet for the Open The United Gate Titles on 11/12 in Philly. Callihan & Cannon have an impressive resume in DGUSA with victories over Dark City Fight Club, Masaaki Mochizuki & Susumu Yokosuka and YAMATO & AR Fox. They are the rightful #1 contenders and they will get their shot in Philly. Ricochet insisted in being included on the Dragon Gate veteran side instead of being called a DGUSA homegrown talent since he has risen as a main event level star in Japan and has already won two Dragon Gate titles.

- The November 13th event in Manhattan will be the final DGUSA show of the year. We can't think of a better time to do the blow-off matches for DGUSA's biggest rivalries and feuds of 2011. PAC vs. Ricochet has been an issue all year. Their three match series earlier this month provided inhuman, athletic, awe-inspiring bouts, but nothing was settled. Now it will be on November 13th. New York City will get PAC vs. Ricochet in one last singles match. This isn't about being the best high-flyer anymore, it is about being the best wrestler and the better man.

- Akira Tozawa has been officially confirmed for the weekend as well!

·
Is a Snit Head
22,340 Posts

Good that Tozawa is going to be there for the weekend. I know I will really be rooting for Chuck Taylor, I would love it if he won the match and they made the NYC show a triple threat for the title. Can't say I'm too excited about the tag match.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts

Looking forward to seeing the Revere show, never seen a no ropes match from DG but it should be interesting none the less. The Philly show sounds promising even though I doubt sexy Chuky T will get an upset.

·
Registered
13,042 Posts

Hopefully this PAC/Ricochet match will be better then the last, and while I'm not excited for DUF/Spike Mohicans I'm sure Ricochet and CIMA will drag Sami to a decent match.

Anyone catch Gargano getting squashed by Brodus Clay on Superstars this week?

·
Registered
4,019 Posts

Tozawa! Tozawa!

·
Functioning Psycho
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

FINALLY got around to updating this thread. Honestly, I really like all three cards...and all three are on iPPV! Each show offers something a little different, which is awesome because my biggest gripe with the company has been how their cards seem to all run together.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts

I'm" ordering REVOLT! without question, that looks to be card I'm' drawn to the most. I may order the NY show as well as that Triple Main Event looks very tempting, however I'm" on the edge about the Philly show, nothing really jumps out at me although Fox/Yoshino looks like it could be fun. I've never really saw the Chucky P hype so I'm" kind of indifferent towards him.

·
Registered
767 Posts

I really like the card for Philly so far, and apparently the rest of the matches are being announced this week.

·
Registered
13,042 Posts

I like the NYC card the most with Gargano/YAMATO on top and if I order one next weekend it'll be that for a doubleheader with High Noon.

·
Premium Member
32,163 Posts

All 3 look like good cards but there's nothing on them that makes me want to make time to see them. Yoshino vs Tozawa and CIMA are the stand out matches for me.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts

Speaking of which, I hope we get Shingo, BxB Hulk and Mochizuki involved more shows in the promotion next year although its highly unlikely. Maybe even bring Kong, Yokosuka and Gamma in for a weekend. More than anyone I just want to see Shingo back over here lol.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,340 Posts

I like the Philly card a lot, looks like a very fun card top to bottom.

11/12 and 11/13 should be an awesome weekend of wrestling in Philly with Chikara, DGUSA, and CZW all running shows in those 2 days. I'll be at all 3 and I can't wait.

Chucky T/Yamato has the most riding on it for me because it will decide if I have to drink my sorrows away before CZW or get drunk celebrating Chucky T's title win before CZW. And yes, I fully plan on getting really drunk and sitting front row at a CZW show.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts