Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the latest newsletter:

We will announce an April 1st show in North Carolina by Monday in DGUSA.tv News Alerts.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,249 Posts
I was hoping for something a little closer, like Albany....

But I hope it works out for them.

·
Banned
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's honestly one of the worst business decisions they've ever made.

Reflect back to Phoenix - DGUSA went head to head with ROH and got crushed in every way imaginable. ROH had at minimum 6x the attendance, a fun and very strong atmosphere, and stronger main events that night.

Now DGUSA has decided to do the following:

- a show in fucking NORTH CAROLINA. ON FINAL FOUR WEEKEND.

- a show on THE DAY OF WM. Yeah, that's what I really want - to burn myself out on 4 or 5 shows before I attend the Grandaddy of 'Em All.

·
Man Who's Got a Machine Gun
3,855 Posts
At least it's in your damn country.

We have nothing here. We get a show every couple of years by one of ROH, NOAH or Dragon Gate if we're lucky.
At least you get that. ROH has only been to Texas once and I didn't even get to go.

Why doesn't anyone come to Texas? The fans are here. People here love wrestling. None of the local companies in my area are worth seeing. It frustrates me that I don't have a respectable wrestling promotion to attend.

·
Usertitle ist hier
11,699 Posts
It's like TNA and DG:USA share the same market researchers tbf.

Though they have a niche, they're not as popular as ROH and the ROH fans will go to that show and then Wrestlemania. If a choice needs to be made, I'm fairly certain most would choose to go to ROH unless Gabe can put on a stellar card with some real big names.

·
Banned
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He'd need to bring in Samoa Joe for every show that weekend, and all of them would have to be marquee matches. Against Shingo and Yamato would be obvious.

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
- a show in fucking NORTH CAROLINA. ON FINAL FOUR WEEKEND.

- a show on THE DAY OF WM. Yeah, that's what I really want - to burn myself out on 4 or 5 shows before I attend the Grandaddy of 'Em All.
How about a show in North Carolina period. I know they'll be in the area for WM weekend, but just focus on the two shows in Atlanta instead of going to an area where maybe they draw 200.

Sunday afternoon is insane too simply because of wrestling overload and you don't know if you'll get to WM in time depending on what time the DGUSA show is. At least they're not doing shows the same time as ROH's.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,249 Posts
How about a show in North Carolina period. I know they'll be in the area for WM weekend, but just focus on the two shows in Atlanta instead of going to an area where maybe they draw 200.

Sunday afternoon is insane too simply because of wrestling overload and you don't know if you'll get to WM in time depending on what time the DGUSA show is. At least they're not doing shows the same time as ROH's.
DGUSA starts at noon on Sunday and Wrestlemania isn't until 6 or 6:30 at the earliest so I wouldn't be worried at all about being late to Mania.

If I wasn't staying at my brother's for the weekend I would be going to both ROH and both DGUSA shows.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts