Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 481 Posts

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Best series in Television history.

This outlook is very strong and exciting. Again, nothing is for sure. I still hope for a "happy end", at least in the boundaries of this drama.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
AWESOME is all i can say. They are going exactly down the road i was hoping for. I was going to be so pissed off if they just chalked Rita's death up to Arthur even though she didnt fit his pattern. Thank god these writers are top notch! Looks like its going to be a great season for Quinn too. He's like the mid carder who was built up well last year and is now ready to main event.

If this is the last season, i really think its going to end with Dexter killing himself like Harry did. Dexter will finally understand why Harry did what he did and will follow in his footsteps. I think an ending like that would be better and have more meaning than Dexter just getting caught and thrown in jail.

·
Premium Member
27,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I haven't heard anything about this being the final season, but if my dream comes true and Hall is the next Batman villian, they'd probably have to put the show on hiatus at least.

·
Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
12,954 Posts
If they do at least one more season after this one to wrap everything up, THEN I'll be happy.

·
Lose for Hughes!
3,798 Posts
I also haven't heard anything about this being the last season. It really wouldn't surpise me if it was though because all of the truly good shows only last around 5-7 seasons.

·
Section.80 Baby
3,207 Posts
Extremely hyped for this! Dexter is my favorite show of all time! Been reading the books again ever since last season ended. Happy to see Michael C Hall recover from cancer, he looks good. I am however not to excited about Quinn doing the same thing Doakes did. But excited the route they are going with the guilt.

Cant wait! September = Football and Dexter Sundays!

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
cant wait for this. second best show on tv atm only behind Mad Men. dont know how if it will be better than last season tho.

·
Banned
4,257 Posts
AWESOME is all i can say. They are going exactly down the road i was hoping for. I was going to be so pissed off if they just chalked Rita's death up to Arthur even though she didnt fit his pattern. Thank god these writers are top notch! Looks like its going to be a great season for Quinn too. He's like the mid carder who was built up well last year and is now ready to main event.

If this is the last season, i really think its going to end with Dexter killing himself like Harry did. Dexter will finally understand why Harry did what he did and will follow in his footsteps. I think an ending like that would be better and have more meaning than Dexter just getting caught and thrown in jail.
When Doakes brought up the idea, Dexter said it would be pathetic.

For Dexter to kill himself would the most self-centered thing in the world to do. It would relieve himself of having to live with the chaos of his lifestyle, instead leaving the burden on everybody else. I know that the top rule was to always not get caught, but in the end, Dexter was trained by Harry so that the world would become a better place. Dexter committing suicide wouldn't make the world a better place. Like Harry said, when you kill someone, you take away everything they could ever become. If you kill yourself, you take away all of your potential.

The most interesting character for me this season will be Deb. Since it looks like she and Quinn will get romantic, her loyalties will be tested between her brother and boyfriend/partner. She will come to understand the position that led to Christine's choice to murder Lundy.

One last thing, perhaps the biggest seed that was planted, and you have to go all the way back to the Season 1 finale.

"You can't be a killer and a hero!"

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Just want to re-watch all 4 seasons now

Unfortunately I don't have them at hand due to them not all being released here yet and I don't fancy 4 x 5gig downloads :( can't wait for this to start though it's such a solid all round show. Stupidely I want to visit Miami now

·
Banned
4,257 Posts
You can try amazon on demand.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
When Doakes brought up the idea, Dexter said it would be pathetic.

For Dexter to kill himself would the most self-centered thing in the world to do. It would relieve himself of having to live with the chaos of his lifestyle, instead leaving the burden on everybody else. I know that the top rule was to always not get caught, but in the end, Dexter was trained by Harry so that the world would become a better place. Dexter committing suicide wouldn't make the world a better place. Like Harry said, when you kill someone, you take away everything they could ever become. If you kill yourself, you take away all of your potential.

The most interesting character for me this season will be Deb. Since it looks like she and Quinn will get romantic, her loyalties will be tested between her brother and boyfriend/partner. She will come to understand the position that led to Christine's choice to murder Lundy.

One last thing, perhaps the biggest seed that was planted, and you have to go all the way back to the Season 1 finale.

"You can't be a killer and a hero!"
Thats the thing though...Dexter going from telling Doakes it would be pathetic to actually doing it would show us the evolution of his character throughout the series. I think it would be epic to do one last kick ass narrative about Harry and then bam...he kills himself and you dont even see it coming. He's doing all the things Harry has told him not to do,...he got married, started a family. Now the guilt of Rita is something he will never get over, so perhaps then he'd realize and come to terms with why Harry in the end did what he did. He's basically turning into Harry...

Thats the only significant ending that would have meaning that i can think of, Dexter going to jail would be really flat imo, and everyone just living happily ever after would be weak too.

·
Straight From Hell
10,066 Posts
Looks so awesome, cannot wait for the start of the season. Dexter is probably my favorite show going right now along with Mad Men and like somebody else stated in the thread, they are going down the road I was hoping they would with the story.

·
Valar Morghulis
7,600 Posts
Dexter comitting suicide would be weak - I don't even think it'd show character evolution, it'd not make a lot of sense as he still believes what he's doing is right. I'd enjoy him being caught, I think there could be huge potential in a trial or something in terms of the scenes that could come from it.

S4 was good, although not perfect (could have dropped the Batista/LaGuerta side plot in all honesty and Quinn is just a poor man's James Doakes still. STILL it was excellent and I'm looking forward to seeing what the reprecussions from S4 finale will be on both the plot and the character of Dexter.

1 - 20 of 481 Posts