Wrestling Forum banner

Devon.......

2550 Views 40 Replies 28 Participants Last post by  HiddenViolence
Ok, is there a specific reason why Devon has basically turned into the John Cena of the TV title division? I mean, the guy's been champ for ages and he's pretty much run through every up and coming star with potential that could have won it from him. I was sick of seeing him with the title about four months ago. Now I'm at the point where I'm starting to question why TNA thinks that having him destroy everyone and take up valuable TV time is good for the product. I respect Devon and actually think he's been great in the ring ever since he got in shape but let's face the facts. Devon's time is up as a main player and if he was being used to get over younger talent I would be fine with this but so far all he's done is destroy everyone that could have benefited from beating him. He bring nothing to the show with his generic, goody two shoes face character and needs to lose it soon because he's basically taken the whole division hostage.
Reactions: KOB
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Banned
4,227 Posts
I've kinda skipped through everything Devon related so I don't know if he's over or what but I honestly could care less about him or that title. Honestly that entire title means jack shit to me, from Legends Title to Global Title to Television Title, like that entire belt is a joke. Not only that, but I find the red leather to be horrendous. TNA has done a great job recently with their product but that title is still a joke and has been ever since like 1-2 months after it's incarnation in the company.

· The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,897 Posts
The TV Title doesn't have to be a joke though. They've shown they are capable of good booking, so they could easily incorporate the belt somewhere. I get the feeling Devon has the title still because they want him to resign. It is crazy that Devon has the TV Title and in like 3 weeks his contract is running out, and Bully Ray is still getting loads of air time and is winning matches.

· Banned
4,227 Posts
The TV Title doesn't have to be a joke though. They've shown they are capable of good booking, so they could easily incorporate the belt somewhere. I get the feeling Devon has the title still because they want him to resign. It is crazy that Devon has the TV Title and in like 3 weeks his contract is running out, and Bully Ray is still getting loads of air time and is winning matches.
Honestly I don't believe the Ray/Devon contract problems.. I believe they're most def. resigning if they haven't already. We can never be too sure about their actual contracts. I think the sites were just trying to bring down TNA a bit because perhaps they thought it'd be a good time since TNA has seemed a little bit too perfect as of late.

If they want the Television Title to become a serious matter, then go for it, but Devon is not the answer.

· Banned
4,227 Posts
I've actually enjoyed Devon as TV Champion. he's believable. He should drop the title soon but I've enjoyed it.
Idk, Bully Ray has been able to get away from the Team 3D stench EASILY, he's completely revamped. When you look at Devon, I just look at him as the lesser part of the broken up tag team, there's seriously been nothing about him that has changed, like come on..

· Registered
325 Posts
Ok, is there a specific reason why Devon has basically turned into the John Cena of the TV title division? I mean, the guy's been champ for ages and he's pretty much run through every up and coming star with potential that could have won it from him. I was sick of seeing him with the title about four months ago. Now I'm at the point where I'm starting to question why TNA thinks that having him destroy everyone and take up valuable TV time is good for the product. I respect Devon and actually think he's been great in the ring ever since he got in shape but let's face the facts. Devon's time is up as a main player and if he was being used to get over younger talent I would be fine with this but so far all he's done is destroy everyone that could have benefited from beating him. He bring nothing to the show with his generic, goody two shoes face character and needs to lose it soon because he's basically taken the whole division hostage.
I too have no problem with Devon other then him having the TV title. He squashed Crimson with several good mid-card/future mainevent guys jobbing to him as well. I wouldn't have a problem with that if there was a point. The list of names he's beat is impressive and generally make you think he's being pushed for a world title but obviously he's not(and shouldn't) so they were just pointless matches. The Robbies storyline sort of had a point but that's over. If you're going to have pointless matches do it with someone who can work and be exposed more to the fanbase.

When Kazarian came out to face him at Hardcore Justice I thought we were finally going somewhere. Kaz would win the belt, use his tv time to piss AJ off(Daniels with Tenay and Taz) and we could at least see someone who can work AND have a storyline.

· Registered
3,759 Posts
I agree with OP. I feel like the TV title doesn't really add anything to Devon, we all know he's a good performer and we've seen so many matches with him already, I feel like TV title should be given to guys who need a push, who need to establish themselves. I'd rather see The Pope win the TV title or Crimson or even Junkie Hardy (even though he doesn't really need it).

· Banned
18,124 Posts
I'm actually enjoying Devon and his TV Title reign. He's batshit over with crowds, does anyone remember Slammiversary? He worked that crowd better than HULK HOGAN. Shoulderblocks FTW!

· Registered
12 Posts
I'm actually enjoying Devon and his TV Title reign. He's batshit over with crowds, does anyone remember Slammiversary? He worked that crowd better than HULK HOGAN. Shoulderblocks FTW!
This.

I think he's a pretty good champion to be honest, although I do feel it's time for him to drop it and give someone else a chance. Presumably this won't happen till after BFG though.

· Registered
2,047 Posts
Devon is genuinely one of my favourite wrestlers right now, I love his Television Championship reign. It's just simplistic - he goes out there, works hard, hits his power moves and the crowd goes absolutely nuts for it all. It's fun to watch. He had a great match with Kazarian at the PPV so I say let the reign roll on for a little bit longer. The young up-and-comers will have their time with the belt soon enough, I'm sure.

· Registered
9,884 Posts
Lol, you guys are funny. You complain that nobody makes any effort to give some "credibility" to the Television title, but yet when Devon goes through people for 150+ days, then all of a sudden TNA is wrong and the title still somehow lacks "credibility."

Reactions: N-Zone
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.