Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now Team 3D has broken up, and Bubba Ray has called Devon weak. Even Beer Money on Reaction last week noted that it was always Devon that got pinned. That got me thinking.

Why WAS Devon always the one to get pinned? Does Bubba Ray need protected that much? Why was it so important to make him look like the strong one? Was his ego that big he always wanted Devon to do the job? How did making Devon look like the weak one help the team?

Also, anyone else think that Bubba's promo last Thursday where he listed off all the wrestlers who had fallen to the Dudley Death Drop was a takeoff of Jericho listing all the wretlers he had beaten a few months back on Raw?

·
Registered
164 Posts
i always thought that devon was a much better wrestler and i think they had to try and balance it out by making brother ray look stronger but im not reallly sure if they should have smeared there legacy like this?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i always thought that devon was a much better wrestler and i think they had to try and balance it out by making brother ray look stronger but im not reallly sure if they should have smeared there legacy like this?
Plus Bubba was always better on the mic, so that balances things out too. It makes me think that Bubba has a huge ego and refused to do the job, and made Devon get pinned.

Maybe the thinking was that since Bubba did most of the talking, the fans would identify with him more, so they didn't want him to get pinned.
Or maybe Devon was just a very generous wrestler to a fault (sort of like Mick Foley), always willing to put the other guy over at his own expense.
But I'm betting it's because of Bubba's huge ego.

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
Quite frankly Team 3d are both two pieces of shit I never cared for. Neither is better than the other. It's amazing how they've achieved so much in their career.

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
D'von was always sold the as weaker member of the group with Bubba always being shown as the leader of the pair.

·
8,232 Posts
Quite frankly Team 3d are both two pieces of shit I never cared for. Neither is better than the other. It's amazing how they've achieved so much in their career.
Show some respect son. These guys have been busting their asses in the business for a long while, and clearly love the business considering they opened a school. Why have they achieved so much in their careers? Because they truly are "the most decorated tag team" of all time. They're always over, always getting pops, they have a well recognized move set, they work a crowd like no other, and they were a part of an era where Tag Team wrestling was the most fun thing on the show a lot of the time. True legends in the business.

Do I agree with sticking around and feuding with each other instead of putting the Guns over as the guys who retired them? No. It benefits nobody, and has already failed in the past. No matter how awesome Bubba sells the feud, I still wont be interested.

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
I always preferred Devon, he sounds badass on the mic, looks to be in way better shape than Bubba and his moveset seems better. Bubba is just a fat arrogant douche, even when he's a face. He also seems to be a loud-mouth while Devon is okay with standing in the background so I guess he's willing to take the fall.

·
Premium Member
19,333 Posts
:lmao

I like how people are quick to assume that Bubba refused to job.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Its a shame that they're having this 'feud' - why can't they just retire in peace? (if that ever happens, look at Ric Flair, supposedly retired and the dude is in the ring every other week).

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Bubba should go over D-Von he's a better talker and a better talent. They should turn D-Von into a reverend and bring in Batista to be his bitch.

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
I really don't know. I was gonna say something about Bubba being better on the mic, but when you're better on the mic, surely it wouldnt hurt taking the losses seeing how you can bounce back? Maybe it was a marketability thing?

·
Banned
8,557 Posts
This could be better than BG/Kip feud because Bubba has better mic skills both of them. And also because no one cared about Kip since this happened

·
Registered
849 Posts
The way I see it, both are OLD and have nothing to offer as singles we watched them try AND FAIL, stay of camera for fuck sake.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts