Wrestling Forum banner

161 - 180 of 349 Posts

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,486 Posts
Polygon's review in progress:

Polygon said:
It's Destiny, without all the bullshit.
Edit: Vic, let us know if you get Rat King and if its as amazing as I hope.

·
Heroes For Hire
15,425 Posts

How you finding it so far? (Without spoilers)

Story seem any better? I've heard you start out with nothing but a sidearm in your inventory which I like.
First hour is fucking amazing and yeah you start off with a sidearm but that doesn't last much in the opening gameplay, the new antagonist is a fucking savage.

Edit: Post first hour you do continue to start with a sidearm.

·
Heroes For Hire
15,425 Posts
Jesus, trying to be as spoiler free as possible, but here's some notes from the first couple of hours of play:

-You start off with a sidearm for a minute

-New antagonist is intimidating as fuck

-Story is way more emotional than the original

-You can carry over your Guardian(s) from the first game

-At one point you'll be so powerless that during gameplay you're essential a normal human

·
Registered
736 Posts
A few hours in and this game is just so good already. Try not to do all the main story missions right away as you won't be the exact level you need to be. Best way to go about is do a couple of main story missions then do patrols or just roam around the EDZ or whatever map. Then when you're the right level, go back to doing the story missions. PvP isn't a bad idea too.

·
All good things must come to an end.
14,101 Posts
I'm about 4 hours in probably. Barely done any Story Missions though. Sitting at around 80+ Light I think.

The European Dead Zone is awesome. Just the first planet alone is such a step up from Destiny 1. There's a ton of interiors, secret passages and things to discover. I've been mostly doing the Public Events and the all new Adventures which are basically side quests to undertake. For me, this has been the best way to gear up so far. Plus, it's been nice to explore.

I ran in to a 120 Light area earlier and was getting one shotted :lmao Soon bolted out of there.

·
SLAVE.
3,384 Posts
Just played a couple of hours, so far I feel pretty eh about it.

Once you get past those punishingly hard first few solo missions, the difficulty completely drops off, which is reminiscent of the way the difficulty spiked and troughed during the first game. I was just playing with one other friend and it already felt overcrowded, he could easily just shove me out of the way and clean out the whole room of enemies before I've even had a chance to look down my sights. The game doesn't punish you for this, you share the experience and loot and so on but it isn't a very fun experience since I feel like an ineffectual spare part. The enemies need to be either considerably stronger or far more numerous but early days yet, I remember some brutal parts in the original Destiny and will probably be thankful for friends during moments like that in this one.

Otherwise it really doesn't feel too different from the game I was playing a few years ago, save for a few tweaks under the hood but I know reports have said that the real differences between the games don't really open out until the end of the campaign so again... early days.

New loot is coming thick and fast but since it is all greys and greens so far its mostly interchangeable trash that I am quickly breaking down into glimmer, the armour my Hunter started in was pretty cool but pretty much everything I have had dropped since is disgusting.I do like the new Arclight powers, though.

·
Premium Member
2,877 Posts
Only gotten as far as taking the ship to earth. Enjoyed it so far. Hope to get more time in tomorrow. Feels so far very similar to destiny 2, but I did not get very far in the first game. Decent storyline compared to the first.

·
SLAVE.
3,384 Posts
You found the intro until you get your Light back as hard? :hmm
Only when you face those two fallen bosses with no powers and no revives. Oh and the platforming bit as I SUUUUUCK at platforming.

·
14,101 Posts
@Pizzamorg I think you've got to factor in the difference between coming in to Destiny 2 compared to the first, difficulty wise. When Destiny first launched, nobody knew what to expect. Everything was new. Now, we sort of know what to expect when it comes to the enemy mobs. We know what weapon types to expect. We know what each class entails.

Same thing for the Nightfalls/Raids. Those were gone in completely blind to begin with, but I don't think it will take people long to complete them now, regardless of their difficulty. Just because people are more wise and experienced heading in to that sort of content.

·
SLAVE.
3,384 Posts
@Pizzamorg I think you've got to factor in the difference between coming in to Destiny 2 compared to the first, difficulty wise. When Destiny first launched, nobody knew what to expect. Everything was new. Now, we sort of know what to expect when it comes to the enemy mobs. We know what weapon types to expect. We know what each class entails.

Same thing for the Nightfalls/Raids. Those were gone in completely blind to begin with, but I don't think it will take people long to complete them now, regardless of their difficulty. Just because people are more wise and experienced heading in to that sort of content.
That has to be a concern though, right? So far, Destiny 2 hasn't felt any different from any of the Destiny expansions, there are a few tweaks here and there but ultimately it is the same old game.

And again I stress it is very early days for me and I hear the game opens out as you go and so on but I dunno in some regards the opening hours of gameplay in a game are surely the most crucial as they decide whether you stay or go, right?

And so far, I just feel like if you already LOVED Destiny... then great but if you didn't like Destiny, there isn't anything really new here to attract a new audience. I don't know what I expected going into Destiny 2 but what I didn't expect is basically the same game. I feel like even if we get to tease and then it is closed off again until the campaign is finished, the key differences between the games should have been established from the word go.

·
14,101 Posts
That has to be a concern though, right? So far, Destiny 2 hasn't felt any different from any of the Destiny expansions, there are a few tweaks here and there but ultimately it is the same old game.

And again I stress it is very early days for me and I hear the game opens out as you go and so on but I dunno in some regards the opening hours of gameplay in a game are surely the most crucial as they decide whether you stay or go, right?

And so far, I just feel like if you already LOVED Destiny... then great but if you didn't like Destiny, there isn't anything really new here to attract a new audience. I don't know what I expected going into Destiny 2 but what I didn't expect is basically the same game. I feel like even if we get to tease and then it is closed off again until the campaign is finished, the key differences between the games should have been established from the word go.
I mean, how different did you want the game to be? It was always at it's core going to be the same as the first, just improved.

They couldn't change too much as risk at alienating the hardcore fans. It has more than enough content from what I've seen for an FPS game. The Campaign is standard length, similar to what a COD campaign would be. There's a bunch of side quests and explorable planets. Strikes. The Raid is still yet to come and PVP as well. A ton of unlockables. I'd consider that a decent package.

Most people's gripes with the first game was the lack of story content. There was literally no story until Taken King. I think this improved upon the first in a big way when it comes to Story.

·
SLAVE.
3,384 Posts
I mean, how different did you want the game to be? It was always at it's core going to be the same as the first, just improved.

They couldn't change too much as risk at alienating the hardcore fans. It has more than enough content from what I've seen for an FPS game. The Campaign is standard length, similar to what a COD campaign would be. There's a bunch of side quests and explorable planets. Strikes. The Raid is still yet to come and PVP as well. A ton of unlockables. I'd consider that a decent package.

Most people's gripes with the first game was the lack of story content. There was literally no story until Taken King. I think this improved upon the first in a big way when it comes to Story.
Well so far there hasn't been a single difference, I just feel like that is a problem.

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,486 Posts
There's a story in the vanilla campaign. That's a huge change.

The first game had no time to explain why it had no time to explain the lack of a story.

·
SLAVE.
3,384 Posts
I dunno how my mate does it, but whenever there is RNG in the game he gets all the cool shit and I get fuck all. After doing one of those Event things on Titan he got a relic and an exotic from the same drop, I got a token and a green cloak. For fucks sake. I also had a go at PVP and... wow. There are max level dudes with insane weapons and powers that will fuck you up on there already, it is pretty pathetic and also sucks for me as I guess I won't be able to touch PVP until I finish the story.

161 - 180 of 349 Posts