Wrestling Forum banner

121 - 140 of 349 Posts

·
Banned
28,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
The Achievement & Trophy list has leaked early. And it's......

Traveler's Chosen - Obtain all trophies in Destiny 2.
Long and Winding Road - Reach Level 20
Zavala's Lieutenant - Acquire each Titan subclass.
Cayde's Pathfinder - Acquire each Hunter subclass.
Ikora's Protege - Acquire each Warlock subclass.
Show Me What You Got - Complete Shaxx's Call to Arms.
In a Flash - Complete a Flashpoint.
The People's Hero - Complete a Heroic public event.
Heart of Darkness - Complete a Nightfall strike.
The Life Exotic - Collect 15 exotic weapons or armor.
Challenge Accepted - Complete 30 challenges.
Belly of the Beast - Complete the Leviathan raid.
The Prestige - Complete the Leviathan raid or a Nightfall strike on Prestige difficulty.
Lest Ye Be Judged - Encounter an Emissary from beyond.

·
E:16
6,195 Posts
Dutch website broke preview embargo:

A dutch gaming website just posted a preview of Destiny 2 on their Youtube feed. They played the game for 16 hours (mostly campaign, it seems). Full spoilers (although you're pretty safe if you don't speak dutch) and a whole lot of new footage.

Their comments (spoiler warning!):
  • They played for 16 hours and got about two thirds through the story. That time does include "a bit of PvP and strikes" and adventures.
  • "Destiny 2 is not a grindfest at all"
  • You start with absolutely nothing, no power.
  • Progress is a lot better than in D1.
  • Mentions you unlock different things at different levels.
  • He didn't have his sparrow yet at level 20.
  • Armor doesn't get cool until the endgame.
  • Talks about Titan (the planet moon). One of the locations is an abandoned resort. Game looks absolutely stunning.
  • Music is also amazing, apparently only 4 guys at Bungie are responsible for the music.
  • Zero complaints, except maybe you have to start all over.
  • (Obviously) they haven't played anything of the end game. He was told the (end)game would unfold "like a flower" once you finish the campaign.
All reads well, still no reason to pre order. I'll pick this up for £35 when it gets there.

Reactions: birthday_massacre

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,486 Posts
Bungie said:
Destiny 2 will have a rolling midnight release across the globe. You will be able to play the game as soon as it is 12 AM, September 6, anywhere in your country or in some cases region. In the US, for example, that means the entire country is live when the clock strikes midnight Eastern.

Important Dates:

Nightfall: Ready when you are

Raid: 10 AM PT, September 13

Trials: 10 AM PT, September 15

Nightfall Guided Games Beta: September 12th, 10AM
30-50% of players will be given seeker access

Nightfall and Raid Guided Games: September 26th, 10AM
Target = 100%
1 week to prepare for Gary

·
All good things must come to an end.
14,101 Posts
Starting to feel those new game butterflies. Not really had this sort of excitement since Resident Evil 7 in January. I've really not bought any new releases since then. I've been saving up for this game, and I'm just so amped to jump in to it. I've not been able to play anything else this week, and I don't think I will until Wednesday. Just far too excited.

Probably not going to rush to get 'raid ready'. Raids aren't usually my highest priority being a solo player, so I'm probably just going to enjoy all of the content at a leisurely pace. Excited to explore the planets. They look far more expansive this time around. :yay

·
14,101 Posts
So which is the better console to buy this game for. X1 or PS4? I will be getting the actual disc so pre-loading does not matter.
PS4 if you care about exclusives. Plus, I think it's the better system, but I'm a bit biased :sip

Also, go wherever your friends are, or you are more likely to find people to play with.

·
14,101 Posts
PS4 it will be then. My friends do not really play many video games. Thanks!
As for the exclusives, I forgot to mention, PS4 gets the following apparently:

Lake of Shadows: an exclusive strike
City Apex: an exclusive ship
Weapon Borealis: an exclusive exotic weapon
Retribution: an exclusive PVP map

·
E:16
6,195 Posts
I'll keep an eye on this thread to see how you guys rate it, because if its another launch like Destiny I'll just wait a year till they add some proper content. Hopefully they learnt by now though.

Reactions: krtgolfing

·
14,101 Posts
It doesn't matter which platform you play Destiny 2 on. All that matters is having a group of friends to play with, because Destiny's not really a great solo experience IMO.
I think Destiny 2 is going to be a way better than the first when it comes to the solo experience, but that's just based on everything I've seen so far. It seems like there is MORE to do by yourself. Especially when it comes to exploration around planets with quests and much longer and meaty story content to delve in to.

·
Banned
28,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
I think Destiny 2 is going to be a way better than the first when it comes to the solo experience, but that's just based on everything I've seen so far. It seems like there is MORE to do by yourself. Especially when it comes to exploration around planets with quests and much longer and meaty story content to delve in to.
I hope so. Destiny 1's solo experience wasn't terrible by any means but when I compare it to the time I jumped around doing raids and strikes it just doesn't come close. To be fair though most FPS games are more memorable when you've got a co-op partner to share the experience with so perhaps I am being a bit harsh. But I think we can agree that the social side of Destiny is really what the appeal is.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
The problem with Destiny 1 is that the people with raiding experience wanted to be matched with people who had already done the raid and if you had no experience then you'll be stuck with 5 other randoms with no experience and if you have ever done heists in GTA V with randoms you know why that shit is a nightmare. Hell, doing strikes with randoms was ass 1/3rd of the time, some people are assholes, some people have to go sleep for work in an hour and pressure you, people get salty and angry when someone dies, some people find a way to die in the most stupid way possible. etc. BUT you could still make it work, i believe Sephiroth did using LFG groups.

Props to Bungie for figuring out that this was a problem that needed to be adressed. Instead of experienced players matching with other experienced players and newbies with newbies, you'll be able to match with an existing clan as the 7th participant, which mean even if you suck it doesn't matter all that much because raids are meant for 6 players and it's a toggle feature so the people using it want you there, we are gonna assume that the people using it will be friendly if they want you there. It's clan only too so a group of 6 that know each other. Only thing is that feature isn't coming at launch:

Nightfall Guided Games Beta: September 12th, 10AM PT
30-50% of players will be given seeker access, depending on clan participation in Destiny 2 during the first week.

Nightfall and Raid Guided Games: September 26th, 10AM PT
Target: 100% of players will be given seeker access.

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,486 Posts
I never really did raiding until TTK despite having a really bad first couple of raid experiences due to one guy being a dick during the whole raid and bossing people around. After a few raid completions, I tend to only play with less experienced raiders or newbies.

121 - 140 of 349 Posts