Wrestling Forum banner

101 - 120 of 349 Posts

·
Sacrificed It All, To Enrich My Life For A Second!
5,047 Posts
I have the Destiny 2 Beta ready and waiting to go (for PS4). I might get a chance to play it tonight, unfortunately I won't tomorrow or Thursday but then I'll have part of Friday and Sunday free to play it some more.

I'm presuming @TheFreeMan is going to give this game a miss?

·
Sacrificed It All, To Enrich My Life For A Second!
5,047 Posts
So I played the opening campaign level/mission yesterday evening and had a real blast, it was a lot more fun in comparison to the first Destiny's opening mission. The cutscene was epic and a lot more engaging than anything in the original Destiny campaign and set up the mission ahead nicely. They also made it slightly harder by chucking more enemies at you especially the further you progressed in the opening mission, which was awesome. It wasn't hard but at least they made it somewhat more challenging than the original Destiny opening mission.

Also loved the Super Charge for the Hunter, just flying around and destroying my enemy in midair. Also enjoyed using the weapons, they did a good job with this in the first game and it continues in the second.

Only gripe I had was for some reason I had trouble sprinting/charging, it felt more stiff to do this with my analog stick. Maybe it's my controller, I'm not sure but I never had this trouble on the first game with the same said controller.

Finally, Ghaul looks badass and I loved his speech at the end of the mission when you see him for the first time. Also, Cayde-6 is awesome! Love the part where he turns up during your mission briefly. Anyway, I'll try out the multiplayer side later in the week when I get chance.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I'm already bored of the Beta, without the loot or leveling up or exploring planets or raids or multiple strikes or bounties it's kind of just meh.

·
E:16
6,195 Posts
I liked destiny, of all the console fps I played this is the only one I can stomach. I never bought any expansions and still got a lot of fun out of this.

I still struggle to justify a preorder of £50 when I know the game will have a gold edition in 2 years for £30.

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,486 Posts
I understand the hesitation for preordering vanilla Destiny 2 since a richer, fuller experience will be available when the expansions drop. I'd say wait for reviews to better inform you about the amount of content and the quality of that content vanilla has.

So far the first mission is better than almost all the D1 missions, including expansions, and if the campaign holds up to a similar quality, then I can see D2 already be a lot more well received on launch than D1.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I'll need a lot of convincing before I even consider thinking about purchasing this after the shite that was the first game...
I really liked Destiny 1 and i'm telling you: don't bother. Destiny is the kind of game that you have to be really into and buy all the expansions making it a 160$ game or something because Activision will piss in your mouth if you don't. Even if you really love the shit out of the vanilla game as soon as they release an expansion they will make the vanilla game obsolete.

·
31,486 Posts
Xbox users finally get some timed exclusivity over PS4 users...

You can start preloading next week while PS4 preload goes live Aug 31

·
31,486 Posts
Dutch website broke preview embargo:

A dutch gaming website just posted a preview of Destiny 2 on their Youtube feed. They played the game for 16 hours (mostly campaign, it seems). Full spoilers (although you're pretty safe if you don't speak dutch) and a whole lot of new footage.

Their comments (spoiler warning!):
  • They played for 16 hours and got about two thirds through the story. That time does include "a bit of PvP and strikes" and adventures.
  • "Destiny 2 is not a grindfest at all"
  • You start with absolutely nothing, no power.
  • Progress is a lot better than in D1.
  • Mentions you unlock different things at different levels.
  • He didn't have his sparrow yet at level 20.
  • Armor doesn't get cool until the endgame.
  • Talks about Titan (the planet moon). One of the locations is an abandoned resort. Game looks absolutely stunning.
  • Music is also amazing, apparently only 4 guys at Bungie are responsible for the music.
  • Zero complaints, except maybe you have to start all over.
  • (Obviously) they haven't played anything of the end game. He was told the (end)game would unfold "like a flower" once you finish the campaign.

101 - 120 of 349 Posts