Wrestling Forum banner

181 - 200 of 349 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
"Devotion inspires bravery. Bravery inspires sacrifice. Sacrifice leads to death. So feel free to kill yourself"

·
Premium Member
2,877 Posts
Had to start over with a new character. Not sure what I did but could not get the old character to load. Thankfully I was not to far into the game. Just got the light back. Oh well..

·
All good things must come to an end.
14,101 Posts
Probably not going to do the Raid. At least not straight away.

Having far too much fun exploring the planets and doing the Adventures. Don't see the point in burning yourself out of the game, and rushing something you've waited 3 years for just to get ready for the Raid. But that's just me.

·
14,101 Posts
wish they'd have Iron Banner and Trials rotate instead of Trials every weekend. maybe throw in SRL too.

also, strikes are amazing.
I haven't even done a Strike yet. That's how slow I'm going :hglol

When do you unlock the Vanguard Strikes playlist? Do I need to finish the main storyline first?

·
SLAVE.
3,384 Posts
Not really sure how far in I am, while waiting for a public event I looked at a level 20 with a really cool helmet which turned out to be exotic and he had purple weapons and so on but his Light Level (or power or whatever it is called now) was probably only around a hundred ahead of mine and most of his gear was blue. I kinda figured that dudes who are level 20 with multiple exotics and legendaries must have finished the campaign but now I don't know. I'm like level 11 I think? Only just starting to see blue drops and have only been playing for a few hours, so surely I can't be deep into the story already can I?

·
14,101 Posts
Not really sure how far in I am, while waiting for a public event I looked at a level 20 with a really cool helmet which turned out to be exotic and he had purple weapons and so on but his Light Level (or power or whatever it is called now) was probably only around a hundred ahead of mine and most of his gear was blue. I kinda figured that dudes who are level 20 with multiple exotics and legendaries must have finished the campaign but now I don't know. I'm like level 11 I think? Only just starting to see blue drops and have only been playing for a few hours, so surely I can't be deep into the story already can I?
It's possible to get exotics from Public Events, although I've yet to personally see this yet. Also, you can turn in faction packages for Legendary items at Level 20, which drop legendaries etc.

Also, without spoiling (not sure how far you are). I've gotten Exotic items such as an helmet and weapon just for doing the main storyline.

·
SLAVE.
3,384 Posts
So I just finished the Gunslinger quest, Way of the Outlaw is better than anything on the Arcstrider class but when I finished it it said "new equipment unlocked", what does that mean?

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,486 Posts
So I just finished the Gunslinger quest, Way of the Outlaw is better than anything on the Arcstrider class but when I finished it it said "new equipment unlocked", what does that mean?
It said "Equipment Locked" when you got the power during the quest so you weren't confused why you can't upgrade skills immediately. When it says "Equipment Unlocked" it is telling you it's okay to start upgrading.

Why is there exotics in my vault that require legendary shards?
In Taken King they introduced a Collections kiosk where you could rebuy exotics you may have scrapped or want for an alt character. It cost 1 exotic shard, which was arguably more rare than legendary marks (unless you knew the unlimited exotic shards trick).

·
The One Free Man
7,331 Posts
Well... I have to take everything back I said about this game (After the BETA - few pages back).

Just finished the main story with a friend this morning and I loved every minute. That whole ride to the end was so exciting and entertaining I just wanted more. It's amazing that this is a game that followed the first Destiny which just lacked in every department that this game excels at. It has well written characters, which have great development throughout the game - loved all of them. Dominus Ghaul is a beast of an Antagonist, love his design. Also the three Vanguards are all great - Lance Riddick is one of my favourite voice actors at the moment (GOAT level with Keith David). Also enjoyed the story from start to finish, won't say much more as not to spoil anything.

Also the amount of activities that you can do - Adventures, Dark Sectors, Investigations, Public Events, etc.. Some adding more story to the universe than others, but all important and fun to play, and explore to find out more. I was just doing most of them as I was ignoring the story for the most part but last night, and this morning, we stormed through it. You can also just get side tracked with other things when going after your main activity - helping others out, or just looting chests, even battling randomized enemy spawns. It's fucking nuts.

It's also great to play it alone, or with a friends. Which is the important part. Oh, and the Crucible wasn't a laggy mess...

·
14,101 Posts
@TheFreeMan enjoys destiny

It really is a step-up in terms of there being MORE to do. The fact I haven't burned through the main storyline yet because I've been so sidetracked with other things is a seriously good sign. The planets don't all feel the same. There's so much to discover and adventures to undertake, and lost sectors to discover and conquer.

I also agree it's tons better to play alone as well. For someone who barely does the Raid, or doesn't even do it at all due to time constraints. I'm glad there's much more appeal as a more casual player.

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,486 Posts
Well... I have to take everything back I said about this game (After the BETA - few pages back).

Just finished the main story with a friend this morning and I loved every minute. That whole ride to the end was so exciting and entertaining I just wanted more. It's amazing that this is a game that followed the first Destiny which just lacked in every department that this game excels at. It has well written characters, which have great development throughout the game - loved all of them. Dominus Ghaul is a beast of an Antagonist, love his design. Also the three Vanguards are all great - Lance Riddick is one of my favourite voice actors at the moment (GOAT level with Keith David). Also enjoyed the story from start to finish, won't say much more as not to spoil anything.

Also the amount of activities that you can do - Adventures, Dark Sectors, Investigations, Public Events, etc.. Some adding more story to the universe than others, but all important and fun to play, and explore to find out more. I was just doing most of them as I was ignoring the story for the most part but last night, and this morning, we stormed through it. You can also just get side tracked with other things when going after your main activity - helping others out, or just looting chests, even battling randomized enemy spawns. It's fucking nuts.

It's also great to play it alone, or with a friends. Which is the important part. Oh, and the Crucible wasn't a laggy mess...
Did you only play vanilla Destiny and none of the expansions?

·
The One Free Man
7,331 Posts
@TheFreeMan enjoys destiny

It really is a step-up in terms of there being MORE to do. The fact I haven't burned through the main storyline yet because I've been so sidetracked with other things is a seriously good sign. The planets don't all feel the same. There's so much to discover and adventures to undertake, and lost sectors to discover and conquer.

I also agree it's tons better to play alone as well. For someone who barely does the Raid, or doesn't even do it at all due to time constraints. I'm glad there's much more appeal as a more casual player.
I know... Just... Don't.

I still can't believe how much I am enjoying this game. I hardly play it alone but when I do I always find something to do before my friends join my Fireteam. Last night we wre up til (about) midnight just doing all the challenges for every location. Still haven't done a Strike, Flashpoint, or Raid yet - but will in time. For the locations, they all look different, and unique - never getting bored when I explore them looking for something to do. Even anticipating what you're going to get as loot is exciting!

Did you only play vanilla Destiny and none of the expansions?
I played the first two - The Dark Below and House of Wolves - but I really can't remember much about either of them. Never played the last two...

181 - 200 of 349 Posts