Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
3,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Destination America has pulled Ring of Honor from the 8 p.m. time slot this Wednesday in favor of "Bigfoot in America." ROH will only have one airing this week, at 11 p.m. The change looks to be permanent as for 8/5, there is also only one airing of ROH at 11 p.m.

Source the Meltzer report

·
Banned
954 Posts
ROH's in ring product is great but that 200th special was such a disappointment, and IMO it really needs to up its production big time its 2015 and that is not going to fly anymore especially on national TV.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
At least it's not head to head with Lucha Underground in the first run timeslot now. Hopefully that helps Ultima Lucha and hopefully more people watch the later ROH showing.

I don't think any wrestling promotion wants to be with Destination America long term. In an ideal world TNA, ROH, and GFW all end up on cable networks other than DA but I'll take what I can get.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Finally Destination America became somewhat competent. Bigfoot in America may get some more viewers because it is before TNA. Never understood why they had a 6 hour wrestling block with nothing else new on before it.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Roh isn't hurt by this, this whole deal was nothing but gravy to them. I think it bodes Ill for gfw or tna to get a new deal more than roh.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
ROH's in ring product is great but that 200th special was such a disappointment, and IMO it really needs to up its production big time its 2015 and that is not going to fly anymore especially on national TV.
how are they going to REALISTICLY pay for it?

·
Premium Member
9,928 Posts
They're kinda owned by a broadcasting group?
That broadcasting group doesn't seem to have a ton of interest in throwing money behind improving ROH. How long did it take them to get a lighting grid?

·
Heroes For Hire
15,425 Posts
That's because they give ROH an set budget, so why would they be in any hurry? They're happy with IPPV and ticket sales, and that's all they give a shit about. If they cared or were worried about the 600k ROH gets on local SBG TV, then they would have been increased the budget, or at the very least pay so ROH could increase TV production. Anyways, I don't have much of a problem with the move, it means a single hour will get higher numbers, and more people can watch it without having to choose between Lucha Underground and/or NXT.

·
Registered
11,816 Posts
according to reports da are not paying roh anything to air their content

anyway airing a replay always seems a waste of time to me, wrestling is the only thing on da that gets replays, surprised they haven't dropped the impact replay yet given the last two months its only averaged 78k and da were quick to drop alot of tna programming earlier this year http://www.pwinsider.com/article/95372/tna-and-roh-audiences-rise.html?p=1

1 - 20 of 21 Posts